Hey guys, how are you wiring your fans?

Hey guys, how are you wiring your fans? I have my heatsink fan going to the 24V directly from the PSU, but then it stays on all the time. I’m new to marlin configuration and I’m having trouble setting pins and getting them to work in S3D. I have an Azteeg X3 (with shield) that came with a defective HBed FET so I set #define HEATER_BED_PIN 17 to put that on the Ext 3 spot. I have my print fan on E4 (#define FAN_PIN 16). I can run GCode to turn these on in S3D, but how do I link them to the HBED and fan control?

I use Repetier, so I don’t know if this helps but I could set a threshold in the Repetier configuration tool to start the fan so it only starts when the HE reaches 50°C. You define “Enable extruder cooler at” and “Extruder cooler pin” in the config tool: https://www.repetier.com/firmware/v092/
under “Tools”

I’d also suggest the way @Daniel_F goes with Repetier. That’s how I do it (though I’m using the RADDS board instead of the Azteeg).

@Daniel_F Thank you, I will look into that.

Dang, I wish I found the tool earlier :)=

great, isn’t it? BTW you should switch to the development version. It’s quite stable and much advanced. It’s the upcoming 1.0 :slight_smile:

@Helmi will do, thanks!

@Daniel_F @Helmi Couldnt get the Dev working, trying .92 now. I kept getting strings of errors of undef variables

@Stefano_Pagani Sorry to hear, must be due to the difference in hw setup. I just upgraded to dev, it runs on an arduino due (original) with RADDS. I used IDE 1.8.1 to compile. You might need to figure out what version of the IDE matches the corresponding repetier firmware config tool version.