Hey guys, getting ready to replace my aging kossel mini with a eustathios,

Hey guys, getting ready to replace my aging kossel mini with a eustathios, but I had a quick question. Has anyone been successful downsizing this build to something work perhaps about a 200x200mm print area? Looking for something that’s between a kitten printer and the eustathios size. Thanks guys! Really love the active community around this design!

Sorry, I just found this post got caught in the G+ group spam filter. I think the design could certainly be shrunk down. It would essentially make it Ultimaker sized.

Eric thanks for the reply! For reducing size to this, do you think this would be as simple as reducing the lengths for the extruded aluminum, smooth rods, and Z screws? Or is this something that’s going to require some real thought?

The bed would be the only thing that needs attention, that and how the electronics mount underneath because of the closed loop belt (perhaps just mount the PSU on the back).

The rest should be able to scale linearly.

Awesome, if I attempt it, I’ll be sure to report back though it might be some time!