Hey folks, I am working on a small engraving machine using the OpenBuilds C

Hey folks,

I am working on a small engraving machine using the OpenBuilds C beam Platform.

I have the C beam installed, And hooked up the Tiny G to my meanwell power supply. I have downloaded the FDTI driver and went into chilipepper, I downloaded the JSON server. I get a “Serial Port Ajax Error” when connecting but get the info from the picture below when I select the port for the tiny g…

I go to jog the machine (i am just testing motors) and nothing moves no matter what I do when I try to connect it did I miss something? Thank you so much for any help you can provide

31a3b98c3789584ca23799722b62b0ac.jpeg

There is a setting to change modes. I am not at my TinyG right now. If it is in normal mode typing G0 X1 should move a motor. If it is JSON mode the commands have a more complicated syntax. https://github.com/synthetos/TinyG/wiki/JSON-Operation

You need to be in JSON mode, but the initial config lines sent from ChiliPeppr put it into that mode. So make sure those commands get sent to it.

Thank you I will take a look. How do you put chilipepper into “normal” mode and not JSON mode?

It’s TinyG that has to be in JSON mode, not ChiliPeppr. ChiliPeppr can only communicate with TinyG in JSON mode. So if TinyG isn’t in that mode nothing will work.

$ej 1 for JSON mode

Try typing $$ and see if you get a list of the settings.