Hey everyone, The Cohesion3D ReMix and Mini Control boards powered by Smoothie are up

I did write a Laser PostProcessor for Vectic. It is only XY though. I’ve never played with rotary. LaserWeb is developing this and you may want ask around (@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty ).

Thanks Ray

My board doesnt have the ribbon cable, is there a pinout so i can make my own converter without pulling my hair for weeks? :slight_smile:
Thinking about ordering one :slight_smile:

@raykholo just ordered a mini bundle to replace my faulty AZSMZ. Is the 4-6 weeks lead time still accurate?

@Chris_Sader Awesome! It should actually be far less than that. Check the Cohesion3D community for the latest updates: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/116261877707124667493

@HP_Persson sorry I didn’t answer you earlier. If your laser is anything like mine (all white JST connectors) you’ll be just fine as well. The mini has all the known k40 connectors to date, as well as the individual breakouts for each motor, endstop, MOSFET, etc. already there. We should be able to rig just about anything from it.

Thanks @raykholo
This is what my current controller looks like, all white connectors.
If not 100% i can re-crimp them, i made a pre-order now :slight_smile:

@HP_Persson so that’s actually different, is this an older machine by any chance (like more than a year old)? This is the “all jst” setup I meant.
Anyways, it doesn’t matter. You have 2 motors, 2 endstops, 24v and Gnd in, and the L(o) to fire signal. We’re all good - there’s places to plug all that in on the mini.

HT Master 5 nano is actually a newer board than in most k40 delivered today, but as it’s new tech not many sold today has it. (mostly digital k40). But as you said it’s all there so probably a easy upgrade :slight_smile:

Good to know, thanks. Check out the Cohesion3d community here on g+ someone else posted a red board as well.

@raykholo I have just attempted to install the dreaded MSK Sbase 1.3 on my laser and when using the L for PWM it creates so much EMI that it resets the either the board/USB Chip/or locks the entire board up requiring a reset. This POS doesn’t have any 5v logic so I’m unsure how to drive the IN with a 5V PWM signal and use L as a TTL enable. So I’m looking at your board and I’ve already cut the end off my blue wire bundle and attached male pins to the 4 wires. Is the green terminal block in the picture to hook up those wires since I don’t have the stock connector anymore? If so I’m purchasing one today and will give the MKS to my buddy to refit his Stratasys 3D printer to something more modern.

You’re not going to drive the IN (although we do have the level shifter to bring a PWM signal to 5v so you can try, and still include the cable to do it).
The new recommended way is to keep the pot in play and pulse the L wire.

You can hook up loose wires to the power and MOSFET terminals so you don’t need the stock connector. Remember it’s a full functional board for 3DPrint/ CNC/ Laser that just happens to support the K40 entirely :slight_smile:

Nope. Funny… Just after I purchased the Cohesion3D I saw post about killing the 5v power from the USB. Never would have thought of that, but now it’s working like a champ. Something about just purchasing the real deal has made everything better. LoL.

Hi I just installed my new cohesion mini upgrade and it was a straight exchange, all of the connectors plugged right in. Probably took less than a half hour. I am using LaserWeb 3 and when I connect to the controller through comm 3 at 115200 I am getting an error that my controller is in alarm mode, cod screen shows a bunch of lines of alarm,mpos0.000 and wpos0.000. Please help!

@Lance_Sponberg please make a post in the Cohesion3D group and we will help you out:

https://plus.google.com/communities/116261877707124667493?iem=1

Please check the latest instructions on our documentation site, there is a link to determine if you need drivers, etc.

We will need screenshots and to know what operating system you are running.

Does use the cohesion board and laserweb have the ability to save different laser positions like corellaser? I went ahead and bought a cohesion nano and thats really only thing i havent found an answer too.