Hey everyone, A question for delta bot owners: What design have you got,

Hey everyone,
A question for delta bot owners: What design have you got, and what do you think the most significant source of lash is?

SeeMeCNC’s new ball joint arms look very close to zero lash - though the sprung belt tensioner problems from the olden days make me wonder whether a rigid tension device between arms wouldn’t be better - so I’m curious what the next big problem for delta stiffness is.

I’m dreaming of a 5-axis platform to test Bread on, and I want a delta as stiff as possible.

Accurate frame, then accurate arm lengths. For a stiff frame, see the Renishaw Equator CMM for some good ideas.
https://www.google.com/search?q=renishaw+equator&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiFhNyg1ufMAhWJy4MKHe0lAhMQ_AUIBigB

Just like @Mark_Fuller ​ sais, acurracy of the whole geometry and good components. And there is no such thing as witch one is better, it’s just a matter of proper execution and good engineering.

@Matej_Rozman @Mark_Fuller Less concerned about accuracy than stiffness, but the Equator looks interesting.

Build errors go into deflection/displacement/deformations somewhere. Fix your joint backlash and it goes to the carriages. Fix your carriages and it goes into your effector. Fix your effector and now your rods are not beefy enough. Around and around.

@Billy Oh, interesting point. I’ll have to keep that in mind and make sure it’s accurate too then.