Hey Bonne Wilce and everyone else here:

Hey @Bonne Wilce and everyone else here: I wish you all a happy New Year and a great FABkit experience!

Talking of which: Any news? :stuck_out_tongue:

(@Krijn_Schaap : The tree’s gone, so no FABkit under the tree for me! I hope by the end of this year it’s being used, so no, won’t put it under the tree then either!)

Hi @CescoAiel hope you and everyone had a great Christmas and new year. 2017 will be the year of the FabKit :slight_smile:
The last few changes were finalised before Christmas and everything is now ordered and on its way :slight_smile:
Milled components have also arrived and have all turned out perfect :smiley:

We have started to packaged the sub assembly components and are working out how best to put it together, each sub assembly has its own bag with the components in etc so assembly should be simple. For the manual we are considering making it web based this way we can have interactive 3D models assembly gifs and real life videos as you go along. This will also make editing easy should things need to change or could be explain better. what do you think to that?

Ill post an update soon with more whats been going on now you have prompted me :smiley:

Ill find or make you a laser cutable Christmas tree and you can stand it on the machine (thus under the tree :wink: )

Sorry for the delay guys, we knew Rome was not build in a day but turns out it was a month or so more than we thought too!
We are really sorry we missed Christmas but we wanted to make sure you will be enjoying your FabKit for many Christmas’s to come! :smiley:
missing/deleted image from Google+

Great news! I think a printed basic instruction manual with QR codes for the online stuff would be a great way to go… Of course, that would require a static URL for each of those QR codes, so choose wisely! :wink:

And yes, I thought someone would come up with the laser-cuttable tree idea, but I expected it to be @Krijn_Schaap , actually! :stuck_out_tongue:

good idea about the QR code i will look into that, maybe a way to link them to specific parts of the webpage/web manual, A nice glossy paper manual is nice as well :wink:

Arctic Silver does it for their Liquid Freezer install guide… :wink:

@CescoAiel somehow i didnt get the notification of this thread sooner or I would have :wink:

Can you give an idea of when it will be ready @Bonne Wilce, are we looking at januari or februari? I need to start cleaning up :slight_smile:

The shed is cleaned up, has a new floor and most stuff I need in there is back in… Just have a big old freezer in there until it gets picked up by the city waste removal on the 18th, or I’d have made the promised ‘after’ picture already!
Once the freezer is out I’ll have the space again I need to build the stand for the FABkit! :stuck_out_tongue:

@Krijn_Schaap End of Jan is the target. :slight_smile: