Here's a before and after of tumbling parts printed with colorfabb's copperFill.

Here’s a before and after of tumbling parts printed with colorfabb’s copperFill. About 200 brass screws as the medium for 7-8 hours.

Nice, they look awesome.
Are you using a steel nozzle?
It’s interesting to see how the ringing artifacts in the print seem to become much more visible, certainly something to keep in mind.

i’ve tried in a tumbler but my result was not so great, ( must be super dry) i find it goes much faster and better with a dremel and felt and polishing pastes. for brassfill.

Okay, the before and after is amazing.

Is the model available? I have a sample of the material and have no idea what to do with it.

I’m not quite sure about the nozzle, though the coloring eludes to steel. The parts with the ringing artifacts were actually sliced with makerware and printed on a rep2, I’m assuming the acceleration and speed contributed to that. The last parts in brozefill were printed with the TA Series 1 and sliced with S3D. I’ll upload the models within the coming weeks to go along with the full set. Could try printing marvin in the mean time :slight_smile:

@Noe_Ruiz what are your thoughts about S3D slicing quality? I’m currently slicing with Kisslicer, which does a great job on slicing and non-extrusion moves, but leaves something to be desired then it comes to manual object placement and pre-visualizing supports. Any thoughts?

I’ve tried cura and am not happy with it’s non-extrusion movements going all over the place.

I’ve read that S3D does some very efficient movement planning, which can save print time.

@Wing_Wong sure, most folks tout the support material but the toolpath is most prominent reason I continue to use it. There’s lot of buttons and switches to tweak but for the most part S3D does a fine job with default settings from whatever printer profile you choose. A new update was just released today, improving UI and performance. Theres even more optimization in the toolpath generation, supposedly. I mostly work on enclosure designs, but I have done some organic sculptures and things that printed really well.

Does the screw material affect the color? Like steel made it look like steel . So if you tumble with stones, what will happen to the final color?

@Noe_Ruiz awesome, thanks for the info. Definitely interested in using S3D’s new features. Definitely on the shortlist of todos.