Here is a comparison between a strip of WS2812s and some strips of the

Here is a comparison between a strip of WS2812s and some strips of the APA102 2020s in both 5mm spacing and 10mm spacing. The APA102s actually appear to be brighter because of the quantity of the LEDs, 200/meter and 100/meter.

Those look great. Obviously the frogs approve and want more.

@marmil oh absolutely. Haha

@Kyle_Halvorson hey mate thanks a million for posting this stff about these new 2020 pixels! Not sur eif you have been asked:

1. Are the ones you have waterproof with that silicon coating?
  2. are you able to please post a high rez shot of what the solder pins in between pixels look like on the front and back of the strip
  3. what did you pay roughly for your strips(dont worry about the shipping just a rough per meter price)
  4. how reliable have the strips been for you so far?

@Leon_Yuhanov No problem! To answer your questions:
1: Yes, they are.
2: See following comments.
3: For the 200LED/Meter about $50/M and for the 100LED/Meter $30/M.
4: I haven’t had them long enough to tell but they seem pretty well made.

missing/deleted image from Google+

missing/deleted image from Google+

@Kyle_Halvorson Where did you purchase these? got an email address for a contact? Also am i right in saying that there is no way to cut these and use the cut solder pads? I dont see any in your pics in between the pixels.

@Leon_Yuhanov they’re in sections of 66 and 33 LEDs, so solder as many of those sections as possible and unfortunately just throw away the rest or desolder a single led and hope you can solder new wires in. I bought them directly from the manufacturer, http://neon-world.com

@Kyle_Halvorson Do you have an email contact an Neon-world that you could please share?

@Leon_Yuhanov Yeah, here’s the email address I’ve been using: angel-serena@umail.hinet.net

They reply pretty quick usually.

I think we’ll be seeing more of those!!

@Charles_Schmitt_Deta for sure!

I like the demo code you’re running. That “sparkling” rainbow fade is great. Is it on github somewhere?

Courtesy of @Mark_Kriegsman :slight_smile:
https://gist.github.com/kriegsman/062e10f7f07ba8518af6