Help seting up machine

Here’s one thread I started: Alternative to red dot beam combiner for positioning?

It’s also possible to locate the cut point with a physical pointer matched to the head, and might be easier than a “red dot” or crossed line lasers.

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty posted this link long ago, and it’s still a really simple idea:

1 Like

What functionality are you expecting in an upgrade?
I recommend finding the cheapest you can and use that. These things for the most part are consumable, most will fail eventually.
I would use the one you have till it dies :).

Thanks. I like the maker buddy and will probably do something like that at some point.

How much distance is needed between the laser tube and the mirror? I just put the new tube next to my old tube and it is longer. I think I have enough room in the tube bay, but not sure if it is too close to the mirror.

Mmmmm, I don’t think it matters other than having room to adjust the mirror.

Laser tube installed and it is up and running. Need to check alignment still. Cohehesiin board should be arriving this week. It is starting to come together.

Edit: Checked the mailbox after posting the message and discovered my Cohesion 3d board has arrived along with the LCD control panel. I will likely install it tonight. Planning on replacing the front panel to incorporate the LCD control. Hoping to find something that is already configured. Otherwise I will be doing lots of measuring lol.

FYI and if I understand your plan correctly; the normal K40 panel and the C3D panels are independent of each other.
In other words the C3D panel cannot replace the K40 panel functions.

What I meant was to replace the metal plate that holds all of the K40 controls (on/off switch, test button, laser button, etc) and add in the C3D LCD panel.

1 Like