So, been working on my Eustathios, its technically a Eustathios 1 / 2 hybrid. For 5 years I have fought problem after problem until now where I have 1 problem remaining, extreme ghosting - See pics:
So it seems to be a lot worse on the X axis than the Y and for the life of me cant find the source of the problem.
I have done the following:
- So each rail moves freely without belts.
- When all the belts are on the carriage moves easily.
- Recently replaced all belts for higher quality ones.
- Adjusted the 4 corners bearing holder placements repeatedly
- Run burn in code for 3 days
- Tightened belts
- Loosened belts
- Raised acceleration
- Reduced acceleration
Can anyone suggest anything? I plan to sand down my stainless steel rods in a few days as a last resort, but wanted to see if I’m missing anything. I am currently using self aligning bronze bushings.