Hello, would anyone happen to know if there is any other software that runs

Hello, would anyone happen to know if there is any other software that runs the K40 Lasers ?? other than the Laser Drw or K40 Whisperer ?? I appreciate your time and information, new to all of this and really enjoy when I get this thing to work, but lately nothing but problems, hoping for a simpler solution :slight_smile: here’s the error message I am getting, very confusing

Looks more like a USB communication issue than a software issue. Try a new cable or even another computer if you have one available.

I was having comm problems for a time and ordered aTripp Lite USB 2.0 A/B Gold Device Cable with Ferrite Chokes, 3’ someone recommended here. That solved the problem.

It is an out of memory error. I fixed it so there is a better error in v0.06. The available memory is artificially low because I have only been releasing 32bit executables of K40 Whisperer. I have a 64 bit version ready but I think users may need to switch to a 64 bit driver. I need to do a little testing.

Hopefully we will get ‘Lawrence and the Machine’ up and running again soon.

Thank you all so much, you are all a Blessing, I plan to go tomorrow (Wednesday) and pick up a New (Refurbished Desktop) with 1 TB and use it only for my Laser Engraver, and also while there get some New Cables :slight_smile: any download suggestions :slight_smile: so I can be ready and do this right :slight_smile: you are all a True Blessing in my K40 World as a Newbee :slight_smile:

The fixed 64 bit executable is now available on the K40 Whisperer web page.

A post was split to a new topic: Out of memory errors running K40 Whisperer on Windows XP