Hello, with LaserWeb3 i was using "pre-g1 move = G1 Z-1" and "post-g1 move

Hello,

with LaserWeb3 i was using “pre-g1 move = G1 Z-1” and “post-g1 move = G1 Z0” to move my z-axis down 1mm for each operation. Reason for that is that I have mounted a wood-burning-tool (similar to a soldering iron) to my machine. This was working quite nicely with LW3… but I’m so far unable to find this option in LW4. I even tried to define 2 macro’s called 1mm_up and 1mm_down to accomodate for this, but even when setting these as pre-op and post-op it still doesn’t move up/down.

Jogging the Z-Axis works of course, so there is no problem with the machine itself.

Thanks!
Michael

Can you see the additional Z-moves in the gcode after generating?

@cprezzi Yes I can see the following being added:

; Macro [hookOperationStart]: 1mm_down
G1 Z-1

; Macro [hookOperationEnd]: 1mm_up
G1 Z0
M5 ; Switch tool offEnd

However this is ab the absolute beginning and end of the whole job. What I’d need would be two fields where I can define additional commands (up & down) whenever the laser is supposed to be switched on/off. In LW3 this was possible with the “pre-g1 move” and “post-g1 move” fields.

Alternatively it would also be helpful to have additional commands whenever laser is on/off (or above/below a certain threshold (e.g. 50%)).

Thanks for your quick response, looking forward to whatever solution possible! :wink:

Michael

@Jorge_Robles Do you have any suggestion to this problem?

@Michael_Zeile You could probably use “Mill Cut” operation insted of “Laser Cut”. Mill cut moves Z down before the line and up after the line.

Did you tried toolOn toolOff? Should be the same to pre/post g1

@Jorge_Robles Yes I tried but it seems that the toolsOn and toolsOff commands are executed at the very beginning and end of a job. It is not executed whenever the laser should be switched on or off (see my above gcode). So it is definitely not doing what pre/post g1 did before.

@cprezzi Which “Mill Cut” function do you mean? I’ve looked through every setting of LM4 and I could not find such option anywhere.

@Jorge_Robles Sorry, overlooked these option. This however works for CAD files (vector graphics) but it does not allow me to burn solid (filled out) text for example. Thanks anyhow for you efforts!