Hello to you all,

Hello to you all,

I have been trying to establish a connection between my pc and my Leapfrog Creatr HS. To do so, I bought an adapter. After installing this adapter, I was doing some adjustments on the configuration here and there. But here’s the thing, I forgot to cut the power. The Leapfrog motor driver PCB slipped from my hands, touched a metal bracket and shorted (I think) the pins underneath one of the USB ports (see attached picture of USB port and PCB). Fml. I cut the power and left it for a bit. Now, when the device is on, the interface is unresponsive of the rotary menu navigation button. Next to that, the interface randomly ‘scrolls’ through the menu, as can be seen in this video: https://youtu.be/iOOoQGFQyxM.

My hopes are on you on this screw up of mine.

I am quite the rookie when it comes to the hardware of 3D printers. And the community behind the Leapfrog Creatr HS printer is not really extensive, to say the least. So I hope there are some folks here on this forum that have sufficient know-how to help me on this problem.

My questions to you:
Evidently, my story does sound like it’s a hardware issue. Though, could it be a software issue too? Do you know from my explanation what might cause the strange interface behaviour? If not, where should I start to debug?

Hope to hear from you, and hope you all have/had a nice and safe New Years Eve!

Thomas

missing/deleted image from Google+