Hello, This is my first print from the 3d printer I created and I

gplus
(Abdul Mannan) #1

Hello, This is my first print from the 3d printer I created and I print standard benchy. I am confused what went wrong. The height increased a lot. Thank you

(ThantiK) #2

Your X/Y/Z (and likely E) Steps_per_mm are not calibrated correctly.

(Kevin Danger Powers) #3

To me it looks like your Z axis isn’t calibrated properly. It’s moving up higher than it thinks it is. I will say that I’ve seen a lot of benchys but I’ve never seen one like this. Lol. I can’t believe it even finished! Maybe it’s just your layer height? Normally it should be set to 0.2mm if you’re using a .4mm nozzle. This looks more like you set it 0.4mm to match the nozzle. Maybe even higher.

(Kevin) #4

Just sit right back
And you’ll hear a tale
A tale of a fateful trip,
That started from this tropic port,
Aboard this tiny ship.

(bob smith) #5

That looks like the revenge of the classic, badly described Banggood 4 start, 2mm pitch, 8mm lead, screws. Just divide your Z steps by 4. Like everyone else, I’m amazed it came out so well!

(Petr OK1RP) #6

Hi, it is just about the calibration. Lets try to calibrate X,Z,Y axis and then calibrate first layer height. You will see that it will be ok then after.

(Philip - Money Mongoose) #7

Looks good to me!

(Vincent Ascosi) #8

If your printer is calibrated try changing your layer height to 0.2 mm

(Meerkat Mick) #9

Well at least the skirt printed ok

(Jeremiah Coley) #10

Ghost ship!! :skull:

(Richard Karlson) #11

Some of mine have looked similar if the print speed is too fast…is it the same speed as your perfect skirt?