Hello, This is my first print from the 3d printer I created and I

Hello, This is my first print from the 3d printer I created and I print standard benchy. I am confused what went wrong. The height increased a lot. Thank you

Your X/Y/Z (and likely E) Steps_per_mm are not calibrated correctly.

To me it looks like your Z axis isn’t calibrated properly. It’s moving up higher than it thinks it is. I will say that I’ve seen a lot of benchys but I’ve never seen one like this. Lol. I can’t believe it even finished! Maybe it’s just your layer height? Normally it should be set to 0.2mm if you’re using a .4mm nozzle. This looks more like you set it 0.4mm to match the nozzle. Maybe even higher.

Just sit right back
And you’ll hear a tale
A tale of a fateful trip,
That started from this tropic port,
Aboard this tiny ship.

That looks like the revenge of the classic, badly described Banggood 4 start, 2mm pitch, 8mm lead, screws. Just divide your Z steps by 4. Like everyone else, I’m amazed it came out so well!

Hi, it is just about the calibration. Lets try to calibrate X,Z,Y axis and then calibrate first layer height. You will see that it will be ok then after.

Looks good to me!

If your printer is calibrated try changing your layer height to 0.2 mm

Well at least the skirt printed ok

Ghost ship!! :skull:

Some of mine have looked similar if the print speed is too fast…is it the same speed as your perfect skirt?