Hello there, I am new to 3D printing and am wondering if there's any

Hello there, I am new to 3D printing and am wondering if there’s any solution that can achieve 0.1mm resolution (or better) for less than 500 USD? ABS would be the material I am interested in for prototyping.

i just checked this review of the new desk 3d printers, i think they are around 1 mm as limit, check the video and the article, that will give you a good idea of what you can get right now, at the university we have one of .5mm limit but it costed around 1000 usd

That price range your only current option is to build one yourself. Not an easy task if you don’t have technical experience. There are some kickstarter projects that claim to deliver kits around that price. I think in 6-12 months we will start seeing solid kits (not assembled !) in the 500$ area.

What are you looking at printing, if you need .1mm you may be sol.

Excuse me. What do you mean by sol.? I am a mechanical engineer for a small company but would like to learn the benefit to buy one 3D printer instead of ordering machined samples for design review. The better resolution, the more representative a printed part can be, especially for consumer electronic product housing. I will go get a Solidoodle as an start.

I mean you will be s### out of luck, as far as I am aware there are no ready to go machines with your required tolerances in your price range, you could. If I understand your statements correctly.