Hello. Joined this community in hopes of finding some help.

Hello. Joined this community in hopes of finding some help. I have assembled a reprap delta type printer, but unfortunately do not know where to go from here. When telling it to home, it crashes into the bed (actually gouged the plate) and had to be emergency stopped. the endstops are at the top of the uprights in the picture for assembly, so thats where i put them. Would like some guidance on troubleshooting. Also, not sure what other information would be needed. Thank you in advance.

It always helps to upload pictures and video of the problem!

For the endstops;

• Make sure the motors are wired correctly, that when you say move up, they actually do, you may just have to flip the connector.
    -Make sure your endstops in the firmware are setup in the max position.
    -Make sure the endstops logic is setup correctly. Sending M119 should return that they are all open. Close each one by hand and send M119 again to see if it closes!

Good Luck!

If you’re telling a delta with endstops up top to home and it crashes into the plate, then either one or more of the motors is plugged in the wrong way round or it expects the endstops at the bottom.

Sounds like you need to re-configure your firmware. Deltas home to the max endstops.

Consider looking for help on the Delta forums of the RepRap forums. I have also found minows (?) blog on delta calibration in the past to be helpful, but calibrating deltas is a major PITA.