Hello, i'm wondering what could I use to put out the flames appearing while

Hello, i’m wondering what could I use to put out the flames appearing while cutting. I’ve checked few ‘diy tutos’ on how to make an air assist but I haven’t found what machine they use to blow air.
Could a air pump (use to inflate mattress) work ? pic1

Or maybe a mini air compressor used to inflate bike and car tyres (less than 10bar, 12V, 35L/min) would be better ? Pic2

I don’t want to spend a lot of money (as i don’t have sadly ^^)
I need something that is enough powerfull to put out the flames but as i cut veneer with my k40, I don’t want it to blow my veneer pieces all lover the laser (and the vent to suck them up)…
Thank you in advance
Manon

I personally use this as my air assist as do several other people:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B019UJONV8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 its relatively quiet and seems to work well.

how many GPH does your one make ? do you think it makes a huge difference ?
thank you :3

im not sure on the gph but it puts out a steady stream that does extinguish the flames when cutting wood or similar materials, and doesn’t blow my material around.

@Domm434 ok thank you, I’m gonna look arround for one

I use this one @ 1300GPH:

You might get away with less but the smaller one is unavailable on amazon and this isn’t aweful expensive. I control the output with a valve.

@donkjr ok, i’m also considering buying an aerograph kit, do you think an aerograph compressor would be strong enough to put out the flames ? it’s only 10-15L/min (~1500GPH)

@Manon_Joliton Assuming you mean an “Airbrush Compressor”, I used to use one but it was way to noisy and no extra air capacity. Many use air brush compressors.

15 L/min = 237 GPH???

I use a super cheap aquarium air pump, but all I wanted is to keep the smoke away from my lens, which it does, and it is very quiet.

The noise from that indicator would drive me crazy. My current setup involves a 5$ aquarium air pump, vinyl tubing and a .35 welding tip. The tubing is zip-tied to a copper wire so it can be simed at the laser focus point.

@Tom_Traband Do you know how many GPH your pump is ?

I bought it locally and don’t have the package any longer but similar ones on Amazon sized for 10 gallon fish tanks list 1.8 l/min. I think it works because I’m not trying to fill a whole lens-surrounding nozzle, just pointing a jet of air right at the cutting location.