Hello! i'm quite new in this group and i've read alot,

Hello!

i’m quite new in this group and i’ve read alot, seen alot of very beautifull stuf over here.
i tried some of the codes, and make it work, even though i understand just like 5 procent of the code, but you guys make it fun and very interesting to get to know much more by sharing codes…

i really need some advice on the following project

I’m not shure what would be the best board and shield to make a 6000 led setup.
it is going to be an 20 x 300 LEDstrip matrix. :slight_smile:

i prefer to connect each strip of 300 LEDs on a separate outputs on board like the octows2811 or adafruit smart matrix and connect these shields to a wemos LOLIN D32 pro v2, but i’m not shure if this is possible.

The matrix wil be controlled via Artnet (35 universes) or will be used to play a FastLed noise like code…

I’ve seen Yves Bazin kick ass big setup, but is there another way to control 6000 ws2812 LEDS…

The power distrubution is already clear, i just need to know what the best and easiest way is to control the data…

TIA!

Jeroen!

I will upload a video of one of the 20 tubes in need to install

To use the artnet you will need 36 universes. however it will be very inconvenient to do mapping. I’m currently working on a version of the Artnet device on esp32, which will also work with the game site. However, I ran into the problem when, after a while, my Esp32 freezes and does not send data to the diodes. The branch Sam.

Is it hard to fix the mapping in Resolume for instance?

missing/deleted image from Google+

One of the 20 strips

@Jeroen_van_Dorsten to control 6000 via artnet it’s possible I do it with 35 universes which can be extend to 64.
@X-WL1 is right doing the mapping could be a mess that is why I have created a program that generates the mapping for me. I have running program for glediator and working on the jinx version.

@X-WL1 let me know if you want me to look at your code. In the new version of my artnet library I have implemented buffering too

@Jeroen_van_Dorsten on my esp32 set up I use the same principle of the octows2811 except for 16 outputs.
I have a new version of the fastled which can manage up to 21 parallel output now if you want to test

@Yves_BAZIN I guess i’ll have to make myself a 20 output version to connect :slight_smile: and yes not 35 but 36 universes (35,29).
As i will use a different kind of setup (LEDs controlled by Resolume software) will it still be hard to map the LEDS?

@Jeroen_van_Dorsten it’s up to 21 so u can use only 20 :). But you will have to build the board like I did. You would need 5. RJ45 connector for your 20strips.
I don’t know Resolume but I could have a look at itmissing/deleted image from Google+

@Yves_BAZIN So basically the octows2811 adapter is the best board to connect this amount of strips.

Thanks for your reply’s. This info really helps me out! Cheers!
Now i can start en get myself in to a lot of headspinning and figuring out :slight_smile:

Btw. Resolume is VJ software , Club and show orientated. only i’m not sending video data to a screen or beamer, but to a lot of lights (fixtures) LEDs which is going to be my screen via Artnet. also i would like to control the matrix with a Lighting console via Artnet.

@Jeroen_van_Dorsten this one is the pcb I have done based on the same principle as the octows2811 which is a level shifter 74hc245 and two rj45 here I have double this to handle 16 parallel outputs https://hackaday.io/project/158268-5904-leds-panel

@Yves_BAZIN wow, so you just made your own version of the octoboard? is it possible to use the original octoboards and stack them

@Jeroen_van_Dorsten do the mapping possible. I can do this if necessary. But I would send 2 universes per 1 page and 40 universes would be needed. it’s much easier.

@Yves_BAZIN code examples from your implementation cause me to DevideByZero :))) however I also noticed that sometimes skip some left data to one of the bands.

@X-WL1 which one ?
May I see your code ?

@Yves_BAZIN
Please see: https://github.com/X-WL/Artnet-NODE Debugging in Serial can be seen that at a certain point a failure occurs in a Task FastLEDshowESP32().

@X-WL1 hello
This function Only calls the fastled.show on the second core
So I am pretty surprised of a 0 division here. Which version of the fastled library are u using ?
Then it will be faster to use the same method as in me example for calling the fastened.show() in the example
https://github.com/hpwit/artnet/blob/master/examples/exampleArtnet/exampleArtnet.ino it’s implemented like you can receive other packet while displaying.

@X-WL1 why do you have num_strips = 9 ?
You have declared on 8 strips in the Fastled.add(leds) …

@Yves_BAZIN Branch @Sam_Guyer . DevideByZero appears in your example ArtNetWiFiNeoPixel. In my implementation, there is no problem with this, but there is a problem when the Call code fastledshowesp32() hangs and instead of 6ms spends 200. In this case, ARTNET packages are accepted, but not displayed.