Hello, I recently was able to integrate the ShuttleXpress controller to work with my

Hello,
I recently was able to integrate the ShuttleXpress controller to work with my Rpi3 and TinyG v8. However, when I try to shuttle for an extended period of time, my CNC will only jog for a bit and then slow-down to a stop, before continuing to move again. I watched @jlauer 's video on setting up the files and also included the feedhold command as he did for the TinyG.

Is this because the buffer starts to build up too quickly?
It is very annoying when trying to move large distances.

I too have that same annoyance. It seems like sometimes it doesn’t do the stutter, but more often than not, it does. Usually about 1/2 way and the final 1/4. But then again, It could be because I sometimes release the arrow key because of the annoyance.

@Corey_Perez I was ale to fix the issue with jogging/ shuttling. Until this point I was using JSON server 1.94 which is the newest version when you go to the GIT hub page. However, after reading the page more carefully, I realized that this version is not optimized for the TinyG v8.

The JSON Server 1.86 has been working flawlessly so far. Hopefully this helps with your issue.

@Corey_Perez sorry I accidentally deleted your last response. If you aren’t able to fix the issue and want to look at other controllers. I’d take a look at the KFlop CNC controller. It is very capable and was compatible with Mach3, may be with Mach4 as well. I have a friend who runs his 5 axis-mill on it. It is a bit priceier however around $250. That’s why I opted out on it for my smaller CNC.