Hello, I purchased 3D printer about two weeks ago.

3d-faq
3d-qa
3d-help
gplus
(Martin Rehak) #1

Hello, I purchased 3D printer about two weeks ago. And I’m still noob in to it. I tried to learn it but it is complicated. I still have problems with prints as you can see on photo, every line is separated to enother. I don’t think that is OK. Which setting I should change? My printer is Prusa i3x from Geeeetech with I hope 0.3mm nozle. Thanks for help.

(Ray Kholodovsky) #2

Are you sure about 0.3 nozzle? Standard size is 0.4mm. Would explain your issue. Try that size and let me know.

(Ax Smith-Laffin) #3

Is that a half finished print? If so, that’s fine. The part isn’t solid unless you select 100% infill.

(Robert Wales) #4

As @raykholo said, make sure your actual nozzle matches the nozzle size you set up in your software, and double and then triple-check to make sure your print bed is level and you don’t have too much height at first layer. Looks like it may not be sticking because your nozzle is too far away from the surface at extrusion. You should have a nice “flattening” effect as it lays on the surface, and a slight amount of overlap between one line and the adjacent one.

(Griffin Paquette) #5

Im 99% sure it’s your nozzle size being wrong

(David McGuigan) #6

As others have said, check your nozzle size as 0.3mm is uncommon, most people run 0.4mm.
If it’s not that, either your bed is out of level (except in one corner) or you’re not extruding enough (and one corner, the bed is too close).
If you move the head around the bed to each of the corners, you should be able to push a business card between the head and bed with a little drag.

(Martin Rehak) #7

I’m using sheet of paper. So I think level is OK. But I tried 0.4mm nozzle with 100 infil but still holes between lines.

(Ray Kholodovsky) #8

Then you need to triple check your filament diameter, extrusion multiplier set to 1.0 (I haven’t used Cura but I assume it has this), and verify no clicking on the extruder as you are printing.

(Martin Rehak) #9

filament is 1.75mm checked, and extrusion multiplier you meed flow rate???

(Martin Rehak) #10

at the top you can see original 0.3mm nozzle size setted with 40% infil and down is 0.4mm nozzle and 100% infil https://goo.gl/photos/1WdX1m31XZ49q62E9

(Ariel Yahni (UniKpty)) #11

Yes but if this are the first 3 layers then infill doesn’t matter, because those layers and solid anyway

(Ray Kholodovsky) #12

Yeah, keep flow rate as 100% or 1 or whatever.
No clicking from the extruder?

Try Slic3r.

(David McGuigan) #13

You are running an extrusion percentage of 115%. I don’t know about others here, but I’ve never had to go higher than 104% on a bad roll of filament.
Infill is the amount of solid in the interior of the print. You rarely need more than 40% for a strong part. It doesn’t affect the outside surfaces you’ve shown in the picture.

(Martin Rehak) #14

@raykholo No clicking.

(Martin Rehak) #15

So I’ll tomorrow try to print whole thing with settings: 0.4mm nozzle, 100% infill, 100% flow. And then post how it went. For now THX

(Martin Rehak) #16

BTW this will be new battery for AKU drill. And I need it perfect as possible.

(Fabien Moret) #17

Seems really like a bed leveling problem if everything else is fine. Don’t use the sheet of paper, just move your nozzle down till you get a nice plain surface downside.

(Ariel Yahni (UniKpty)) #18

Ooooo do your level with the hotend hot not cold

(Scottie D369) #19

Ignore everything people are telling you…
It’s your slicer program. @Martin_Rehak

(Ray Kholodovsky) #20

Well I did say “Try Slic3r” so don’t ignore everything