Hello! I finished to configure my Arduino Due to my Shapeoko 2.

Hello! I finished to configure my Arduino Due to my Shapeoko 2.
I have two questions. What is the correct workspace to use with Arduino due with Tinyg2 firmware? and What is the best version of firmware for this setup? Thanks.

TinyG workspace but with “No Init Cmds” option in upper right pulldown of TinyG widget.

@jlauer Thank you. and What is the best firmware version? I just use your programmer on Chilippr, but that version is 78.02.

Not sure as haven’t used G2 in a while. What does Synthetos say?

@jlauer I think it is OK, Syntheos say Due+gShield edge 078.03

I used self compiled firmware, as my machine is wired with NC switches and I tried both master and edge versions while testing. The version should be around 87.x for master and 89.x for edge. Cannot check it now but you should see it on my YouTube video related to autoleveling issues. There is also an issue opened on TinyG2 github, where I think I described version, as well.

@Camilo_A_C ​ I was using this workspace: http://chilipeppr.com/tinyg?v9=true

thanks i already send my configuration but the $st command returns this"Unrecognized command or config name: $st=0" what can i do?

I think $st is not implemented in the TinyG2 and the machine default configuration assumes NO switches, or better to say ACTIVE_LOW - input pin logical state is HIGH during normal operation and goes LOW once you hit the limit switch, which actually is connecting input pin to GND.
If you have NC switches, the configuration should be ACTIVE_HIGH or an interverter will be needed. This configuration change needs to be done in a setting file (within settings directory) and you will need to compile your own firmware.

Thank you.

Hello. Really I’m very frustrated. The Arduino Due + grblshield using TinyG2 firmware have a lot of problems. It never runs smooth, always have delays, the coordinate system not responding. GRBL is much better stable. What does think about this?

You should talk to the Synthetos guys.

@Camilo_A_C ​ I guess I know how you feel. I have spent many hours on ArduinoDue TinyG2 and finally moved to TinyG (still having some issues) and sometimes using grbl. The only problem I am unable to solve so far with TinyG2 is probing and autoleveling (which is actually multiprobing) and I think this is related to the software -> I believe I am on the safe side and far from electrical noise and similar issues after implementing optocouplers, filters and inverters. I already opened issues on Github.

The ArduinoDue based hardware is quite nice, I tested it with 6 stepper motors connected to the board: 3 running on gShield and 3 running on external drivers wired via breadboard. I hope to go back to TinyG2 one day and give it another try.

Auto-Level using Arduino Due TinyG2 works fine for me. I only add some capacitors and resistor.

@Camilo_A_C I had no problems with limit switches noise after adding resistors/capacitors as filters, also added a capacitor to the spindle controller, so it does not interfere with Due, but I was unable to solve the probing problems. So actually faulty probing (faulty in my case) is the only reason why I am not using ArduinoDue. Should I give it another try?

Hi, First you need to put the 0.1uF capacitor as close as possible to the D18 pin.
D18 pin has to be pull down with 1K-4.7K resistor (connected between GND and D18).
Then you need to connect the PBC to 3.3V and D18 to the bit. Try and tell me.

@Camilo_A_C ​ I see, this is an active high circuit. D18 is normally LOW (GND) and goes HIGH each time the probe is touching the PCB. I will probably go 1k to get stronger pull-down.

Yes, you can use 4.7k or 10k. The important is the logic.

@sszafran Did you try it?

@Camilo_A_C ​ I didn’t try your setup on the CNC machine yet, but it works OK when I wired test circuit. I’m rebuilding my workshop a bit and machines are temporarily disconnected. Will try it on the real hardware as soon as I get my new table installed.