Hello guys, just got done installing Ramps 1.4 and everything working the way I

Hello guys, just got done installing Ramps 1.4 and everything working the way I should (I am sure). But I am facing weird problem with Inkscape extension installation. I am following every step as Turnkey Tyranny’s Gcode Exporter plugin. Tried on two different win7 machines, and a win 8.1 tab, but its just not happening. Issue is I simply dont see the extension under Extension > Export > . I have tried both 32 and 64 bit versions. Tried both pre-compiled and manual install Python. But when i run Inkscape the plugin is not there.

Does any one know what is that am I doing wrong? What am I missing? Really frustrated after setting all the hardware up and darn software not creating a g-code file to do maiden flight. aaaahhhhhhh :confused:

Yeah I installed it right (I guess), now have to know how to run it. Need bit more reading. then will ask some questions. Thank You.

+Peter van der Walt I am almost there. Getting an error : Object Expected Source: Microsoft JScript Runtime Error

What i do ?

When I try to run Server.js

OK got it. Let me digg a little deep and then bug u again. Really appreciate your continuous help.

+Peter van der Walt Looks like on my macbook everything installed smooth (i guess) and this is what I am getting now:

Chirags-MacBook-Pro:laserweb chiragchaudhari$ node server.js
Got error: connect ECONNREFUSED not enabling webcam
connected to /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Serial-1 at 115200
events.js:85
throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event
^
Error: Cannot open /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Modem
at Error (native)
Chirags-MacBook-Pro:laserweb chiragchaudhari$

what is the next step. how to localhost? Sorry but your instructions are not Noob Proof :stuck_out_tongue:

still same error. aaahhhh. let me try on windows machine. one more question lets say everything installed correctly on the win machine. How to use the Access part. I mean where to find hostaddress ? please bare with my noob questions. and thans for such fast replies. \m/

once i figure this out im gonna help u write noob prof instructions. do i need pythn installed. on win 8 tab got a whole bunch of errors. log file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8OiQZgP5gD2NEFrZTlZTGtwdXM/view?usp=sharing

Great! installed Python2.7 and guess wht “npm installed” worked with no errors except following two lines: and back to prompt.

npm WARN package.json reprapweb@ No repository field.
npm WARN package.json reprapweb@ No license field.

Neet to find OTG cable real quick to connect Mega/Ramps to this tiny fella! Very exiting

downloading Arduino SDK for drivers. its taking too long to install driver. Thank you thank you thank you. :stuck_out_tongue:

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

connected and got GIU in my browser (Chrome)

This is Legen…wait for it…Dery!

I guess you can get some sleep now. Next step see what this does. but before that gotta take care of some business. Play time over, be back soon.

Machine control working like charm! OMG cant wait to test this baby out. I am dancing like a kid now (literally)

Thank you so much Peter!

SOLVED!

Instead of downloading whole zipped folder and then extracting files form there to copy them to extension folder, I Right-Clicked and Save File as to extension. So the .py and .inx file had some extra information causing it not to work.