Hello Friends, thx for attention! I have this problem on my K40

Hello Friends, thx for attention!
I have this problem on my K40. She came with me from the US and since 2014 I’ve never put her to work since. Today I had to use it, but Axis X has this problem. The video details exactly the problem:

I pulled out the Belt of X axis to check the engine status, it stands still, humming.

I bought a new motherboard, and put it in place of the old, same problem. What could it be? The Power Supply voltages are normal ( 5.1v e 24.5v).

I’m totally in the dark. I have no idea what it can be. Has anyone experienced this and knows how to solve it?

for some reason this post it not showing up in the community for me only the alerts and the video does not play?
@funinthefalls

@donkjr I just checked and it is not in the community for me either. I can play the video.
@Fabiano_Ramos Where are you located? Are you on 110VAC or 220VAC? Just curious because you need to make sure the powersupply is set for the correct voltage.

@HalfNormal My Location is Brazil and my Voltage is 220v.

If the unit came from the USA, the powersupply is set for 110VAC. You need to see if it can be set to 220VAC or purchase a powersupply that is 220VAC.

@donkjr I edited the post with link video.

You will need to look at the powersupply and see if there are any markings. Unfortunately if you applied 220VAC to the powersupply that is rated for 110VAC, you might have already done some damage.

@HalfNormal I found an all in Chinese manual that shows that the base voltage is 220AC.

Voltage depends on the country of use.

@HalfNormal Confirmed 220vAC. Im Using in Correct Voltage.

Great news! There could be a crossed wire on the stepper motor. Have you tried swapping the axis (x and y) and see if the problem follows the wires or stays with the stepper?

@HalfNormal yeap. The X Stepper in Y axis runs normal when changed the port conection. The other motor ( Y stepper) shows the same problem when conected in X Axis.

The board is new, arrived today from china. Is a K40 ms10105 v4.87 Main Board.

I think then you have it narrowed down to the stepper motor wiring. I was trying to find a diagram for you but if you search you will find one. What you need to do is swap the wires around. Stepper motors work in wired pairs… Search for an explanation. It is easy and you cannot hurt the stepper if you wire it wrong.

@HalfNormal Done! SOLUTION!
Through his guidance I discovered the problem. He’s a lot stupid (and Cheap) than we can imagine.

Note the photo, in the circuit relative to the Y Limiter, one of the poles of X motor pinning was with shit solder. Making one of the X motor poles not receive proper power. So you got it right, in a way.

I researched the welds in the area and bingo! Motor in X-axis, moving normally!

Thank you all for your help and patience!
https://profiles.google.com/photos/111567065741989535353/albums/6527304695524443409/6527304696970408050

Bravo! It never crossed my mind to check the limit switches! Great work and persistence! In the future I will advise on checking limit switches too.

@donkjr did you catch this?

@HalfNormal nope missed it. Not surprised.

Thx for all dudes!