Hello everyone! SO, I'm a total noob. With that being said.

Hello everyone! SO, I’m a total noob. With that being said. I am getting into the laser community and have bought my first for getting my feet wet. (neje 1000mw) I know this little laser isn’t much, but I figured it would be something to get my feet wet. I found that the software that comes with the laser is very limited(and should be for its size and audience intended) I wanted more control and did a google search for open source laser control. Which brings me here after i have followed install instructions for LaserWeb and am now setting up my laser. So , now that I got the long rant out of the way, onto my question. Where do I find my"PWM Max S value ". Also how do I know what my laser beam diameter is?

Here is a link to the laser spec:
http://www.trusfer.com/dk-8-kz.htm

Sorry for the noob questions. Thanks in advance for any time reading and answers provided!!

I assume this is a grbl based controller?

yes

Try 255… it’s firmware dependant… from what I have seen some of the grbl controllers scale it from 1-255. On smoothieboards it’s scaled from 0-1

Make sure you have a compatible firmware installed before you try running

@funinthefalls ​ do you have anything to chime in on this?

ok, i found in some sample g-code the line:
G1F460.000000
What is the “f” and the value in reference to?

any idea on where i may find said firmware?

Beam diameter is used for “slicing” the image to create gcode and is a function used to negate DPI limitations of an image. Depending on my focal point I change my beam size accordingly. If I engrave out of focus I can increase my beam diameter if I want to engrave in focus I decrease the diameter. The beam size determines the steps between Y axis moves- larger beam size the greater the step between move, smaller beam the less steps on Y axis moves. Play around with the settings i tend to use .090-.175 for beam diameter based on focus of the object and the detail I’m trying to achieve. Larger beam diameter settings yeild faster engraves

@Justin_Mckenzie Did you get LaserWeb working on the Neje DK-8KZ?