Hello everyone, I'm new to not only to CNC but to google+ and communities.

I tried homing the machine first after turning off alarm. I had to find another video of how to wire the switches you sent because I didn’t know how and your wiring video only shows where they wire to the board. IDK if the are correct or not. Even trying to home though, motors give a very slight hum, but no movement. I’ll check the settings. Didn’t know about that

The limits are still fairly new on the R7. They are nice to have but have caused some issues.
All limits need to be wired NO. The limits have markings on them. NC will work but not advised. Do make sure you are using the latest manual on the R7 site. A note about wiring limits is in there.
If your having issues with limits, please install the capacitors that where in the limit bag on the M1 board, this will filter out any noise. one leg on the signal the other on GRND.

@Brandon_Satterfield I know on the tinyg there are potentiometers that you can adjust the voltage. Is there any setting on your M1? That might be the problem. Maybe they are turned all the way down.

@Edward_Bigham there are trim pots but are super sensitive on the bigfoots, dont ever advise guys get into the trim pots on stepper sticks till they know what they are doing, these require a ceramic screw driver and a darn steady hand.
It should not be this as they would not have drove at our place.
Just a shout out @Colin_Kaminski and @Edward_Bigham and others that may jump in, you guys ROCK! Thank you for making this community rock.

@Brandon_Satterfield ok. I did not know that you checked them before they left your place. The only other thing I can think of is maybe he doesn’t have the coils paired up correctly. I don’t know if it will make the motor just hum.

Wires are paired up correctly, limits are wired NO, and steps/mm are all set to 400

@Anthony_Box how about those capacitors then?

They are in. They weren’t mentioned in the wiring video, but I noticed them on the board and installed them. I tend to notice details like that

Everything is wired in exactly as in the video. Even went and redid all my soldered connections just in case something was wrong on them. Everything is as it should be

Well this one is getting interesting then.
When you click the home button the motors only hum…
Reset then unlock to remove the errors.
Type $1=255 in serial port.
Are the motors locked? Can you turn the ACMES by hand at the motor coupler?
Can you email a picture of the board in this state?

Will be happy to get another board over and get this one back for testing but want to make sure it’s not a com issue.

Sure. Email?

Yes I can turn them at any point during it all

Can’t seem to get the pics to post in comments

Contact@smw3d.com?

Or contacyt@hobby-fab.com?

@Brandon_Satterfield Can you give me the specs on the caps?

All - issue resolved and I am directly responsible. We have a small change now in process. Long story short the stepper sticks on this board do not have jumpers on them.
One jumper on the big foot states it is for vref, it is required for the stick to get power.
@Anthony_Box thanks for the patience jumpers headed your way this AM.

Thanks @Brandon_Satterfield

Way to go @Brandon_Satterfield thats great news. Now@Anthony_Box can get to work.

I want to make some plates to do double c-beams for my y axis. What type of plate are the ones made from sent with the kit @Brandon_Satterfield ?