Hello everyone I’m looking to get into 3D printing and i could use some

Hello everyone I’m looking to get into 3D printing and i could use some help as to how start what printer is the best the fundamentals anything could help thanks in advance

Depends on how much you want to spend. In the ~ $1k category, I believe the leader is the Prusa i3 mk3. (You can get it in kit form for $750 and assemble it yourself if you’re a lot more brave than I am. :slight_smile:

The Monoprice Mini line has entrants in the $200-500 range; I hear good things about them.

My own printer is a Bukito; I love it, but I don’t think they make them any more. I also had an M3D, which was nothing but trouble and almost soured me on 3D printing altogether; I definitely don’t recommend that one!

@Scott_marsroverdrive thank you also can i print a helmet that could fit someone’s head from any of the machines i guess my price range could be up to 500

Hm … I guess I would measure the head I wanted the helmet to fit on and then compare that to the printer’s documented build volume. I probably couldn’t do it on my printer, but that doesn’t mean it’s hopeless on other printers. Good luck!

You’re better off with a ‘large bed’ printer. Like the ‘Tronxy X5S’.
This printer is a kit, needs some small upgrades before it prints well (wich you can print yourself).

It is a very sturdy printer, with a 330x330mm printsurface and can print up to 400mm high.

At Gearbest, you can buy it for around $300 dollar (i payed $262 in a flash sale, included inshured shipping.

You have to build it yourself. This has the advantage that you know your printer, and how everything works and can be adjusted.

Check it out on youtube. Most of the reviews have been used to upgrade the kit and and it now pretty much prints well right out of the box. Though you need to upgrade the belt pullies, and the wiring of the powersupply and the heatbed need to be upgraded to a 2.5mm core wire. The standard wire will get very hot.

@Scott_marsroverdrive thank you so much you’ve been so helpful

@Mano_Biletsky_Open_M thank you as well extremely helpful

But what about the CR-10?

@Phil_Weeks the cr-10 seems to be a nice printer but has one big flaw. It has only one z-axel, and therefor the x- axis is not straight most of the time. The Tronxy X5S for example, has 2 z- axels on either side of the bed, wich makes sure you can level the bed perfectly. Also it’s frame is sturdier than the cr-10’s (less vibration).