Hello everyone. I am in need of a help,

Hello everyone. I am in need of a help, I am trying to install a raspberry on my laser, I installed the Raspibian operating system quietly, I made the installation procedures of Laserweb as indicated in the link https://github.com/LaserWeb/deprecated-LaserWeb3/wiki/ Install: Raspberry-Pi (Raspbian) but when I run the command “node server.js” a port error appears and when I insert my IP: 8000 the program does not start in Chromium, can anyone help me to solve this problem ? Thank you!

@Felipe_Honorato ​ we are in LaserWeb4 now. Please use the following instructions http://cncpro.co/index.php/23-documentation/installation/36-install-raspberry-pi

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty To be fair I also had my raspi server stop working a couple releases ago, had to go back to the long wire across the garage for now instead of wireless. It gets an error when trying to start the webserver part from what I can tell. and that set of direction are “just” a touch out of date :wink:

I believe @cprezzi ​ updated those not so long ago

Tks Ariel, I’ll try do this instructions today night. =)

@Domm434 After updating lw.comm-server you need to run npm install. If you get an error message when trying to start node server.js you could try to re-install the serialport library with npm install serialport.

And make sure ip port 8000 is not already used before starting server.js.

Personally, I tried again to install Laserweb and again appeared the same problem, it enters with the following message and they are in an endless count:

pi@raspberrypi:~/lw.comm-server $ npm install
npm WARN deprecated fs-promise@2.0.3: Use mz or fs-extra^3.0 with Promise Support
npm WARN prefer global node-gyp@3.6.2 should be installed with -g

serialport@4.0.7 install /home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/serialport
node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build
node-pre-gyp ERR! Tried to download(404): https://github.com/…/serialport-v4.0.7-node-v48-linux-arm.t…
node-pre-gyp ERR! Pre-built binaries not found for serialport@4.0.7 and node@6.11.1 (node-v48 ABI) (falling back to source compile with node-gyp)
make: Entering directory ‘/home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/serialport/build’
make: Warning: File ‘…/…/…/…/.node-gyp/6.11.1/include/node/common.gypi’ has modification time 476316 s in the future
ACTION Regenerating Makefile
make: Warning: File ‘…/…/…/…/.node-gyp/6.11.1/include/node/common.gypi’ has modification time 476315 s in the future
make: Warning: File ‘…/…/…/…/.node-gyp/6.11.1/include/node/common.gypi’ has modification time 476314 s in the future
make: Warning: File ‘…/…/…/…/.node-gyp/6.11.1/include/node/common.gypi’ has modification time 476313 s in the future

Some help?

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty @cprezzi

I entered “sudo” and it seems that the error has not happened, but in the next step where I have to manually start the server by typing “node server.js” it returns the following error:

/home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:91
throw err
^
Error: Could not locate the bindings file. Tried:
→ /home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/serialport/build/serialport.node
→ /home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/serialport/build/Debug/serialport.node
→ /home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/serialport/build/Release/serialport.node
→ /home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/serialport/out/Debug/serialport.node
→ /home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/serialport/Debug/serialport.node
→ /home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/serialport/out/Release/serialport.node
→ /home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/serialport/Release/serialport.node
→ /home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/serialport/build/default/serialport.node
→ /home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/serialport/compiled/6.11.1/linux/arm/serialport.node
at bindings (/home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:88:9)
at Object. (/home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/serialport/lib/bindings.js:3:35)
at Module._compile (module.js:570:32)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:579:10)
at Module.load (module.js:487:32)
at tryModuleLoad (module.js:446:12)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:438:3)
at Module.require (module.js:497:17)
at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
at Object. (/home/pi/lw.comm-server/node_modules/serialport/lib/serialport.js:12:25)

it seems node serialport was not correctly installed. Try sudo npm install -g serialport.

Hi @cprezzi ​, I tried this command sudo npm install -g serialport, and the same problem happen :frowning:

Something is wrong, I follow the instructions step-by-step :frowning: