Hello all, I'm new to the community and have joined to have the ability

Hello all,
I’m new to the community and have joined to have the ability to speak 3D printers with others who use them.

I’m in the market for a secondary 3d printer. I teach several engineering classes in the high school setting and utilize 3d printers to teach many engineering concepts.

I have a BFB 3000 duel extruder type printer that I have a love hate relationship with. I just started using the new composite bed after BFB announced their acrylic bed was faulty as it warps into a concave shape.

My question is which printer should I buy? I have between 3 and 4k as a budget and have looked at and spoken to manufacturers and am thinking about the Makerbot Replicator 2X or the CubeX which won best in show at this past CES.

I know both printers are new and I doubt anyone has any as they are still taking pre orders but I’d love to hear from those who have had consistent reliability with their printers.

IMO don’t get a CubeX, its locked down and has low quality and speed compared to many less expensive printers out there.