Hello All, I am tearing my hair out! My K40 laser head moves but

Hello All, I am tearing my hair out! My K40 laser head moves but no laser and yet if I press the ‘test’ button I get the image I need…any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The wires on the laser enable and test switches might be reversed. Try swapping them on power supply

What @Kelly_Burns said but if that is not it:

Tell us something about your machine:

1. Stock or converted?
  2. What test button; on the panel or down on the LPS
  3. New machine or has been running ok till now?
  4. Are you pushing the test button while running a job?

Thank you! After weeks of trying literally everything, a simple swap of wires worked. Now I can have a play with it!

@Amanda_Temple wow was this machine always wired wrong?

Glad that was it. Happy lasering.

@donkjr To be honest, I am used to working with LG900 G Weike laser engraving machine. I bought 1 of these Chinese table top lasers to continue lasering but as a hobby. I purchased it second hand. The test button was jammed, so I unjameed it and stopped lasering designs. Fired when I pressed the test button. Did not think that changing around the 2 wires would work! I guess I am lucky after weeks of pulling out circuit boards, wires and all sorts!

@donkjr 1. Stock or converted? - second hand stock.
2. What test button; on the panel or down on the LPS - test button on panel.
3. New machine or has been running ok till now? - running perfectly (with the test button jammed, ex-owners attempt)
4. Are you pushing the test button while running a job? - laser fired when test button was pressed on its own.

Hope this helps?

@Amanda_Temple your all good now right?