Having good fortune so far with putting the filament on a lazy Susan to

Having good fortune so far with putting the filament on a lazy Susan to feed the extruder

I previously used one but found that an old CD holder with a few CDs on it worked a little better and took up less space.

You are a brave soul… :slight_smile:

@Tim_Sills nice. Wouldn’t be hard to put some ball bearings (even marbles would do) in between the CD’s with a printed spacer… might investigate but i’ll def try your idea

This seems to break down as the filament runs out and the spool is getting close to empty, yesterday it just started to lift the bearing off the ground. Maybe if i tie it down… but i think when the spool is closer to empty it could go vertically on the rods supplied and not get caught

This is where the CD holder helps because I’ve seen the filament spool move around but the spindle on the CD holder helps keep the filament from getting pulled off the platform. I feed my filament from a book shelf to the side of my printer so it sits slightly above the print bed. So the filament is getting tugged more or less from the side, and it’s not likely it will get pulled off the CD holder.