Has anyone worked with the SJ1211 strips?

Quotes: (to a US address)
0-499m = 13USD/m

500m = 12.5USD/m.

DHL price because of different volume weight.

10m, shipping cost is 35USD.
100m , shipping cost is 95USD.

I may have gotten too excited about that whole 50m purchase statement. Maybe 10m

Finally got the SJ1221 5 meter sample and sadly it’s a different chip in there (UCS5603) which doesn’t work with any of the normal FastLED types (tried everyone), however made a hack for it which emulates RGBW:

https://gist.github.com/RickDB/95a5d691a4d5885cc2dd04d2fa15627e

which uses a modified FastLED library:

So long as I keep sending it data it works as any normal led type with effects / static colors etc… however if I stop it will go to a sort of demo mode where it rotates colors.
It’s still RGB so think the last 8 bytes are for command control like stop / start / effects but without documentation hard to tell.

@James_Minihane did you also experience this demo with the SJ1211?

Can’t think of any workaround and according to Shiji-led there’s no example code for it as the controller vendors aren’t willing to part with their implementation.
SJ1211 is also no longer listed on their site but asked if they still supply it and waiting to hear back.

the SJ1211 does start up as all white (about 1/2 brightness). But it responded to WS2812 protocol. I haven’t tried the 1221. I haven’t done any other testing yet.

They build those chips, right? They should have the protocol for the UCS5603.

Believe so but controller part they can’t give any info, just tried without clock pin physically connected and works as well so that pin while present is not used.
Trying to figure out how I can keep the signal active so that I don’t need to ugly FastLED loop as that will just halt any other operations as well.

Waiting to hear back from Shiji-led and will update once I know more :slight_smile:

The SJ1221 doesn’t have a clock pin. Those 2 middle pins are the A and B data inputs for the redundant data so if an LED in the middle of the strip fails, it doesn’t take out the rest of the strip.
Yes, please let me know what they say.

Ah right, confusing as it does say CLK on the packaging :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you know what the timeout time is before it goes into “demo mode”?

Seems like Shiji send me 2 different sample rolls, the one I was tested is not SJ1221 however not very bright but works.

Matching by their picture the other sample roll looks to be SJ1221 and just stays white no matter what protocol I set in FastLED.

Apparently I need some sort of UCS to Arduino converter which they sell but not gonna happen because they advertised these as being able to connect directly to Arduino.
Gonna ask for replacement samples that are the correct ones.

Here’s the SJ1221 layout which looks to be the same as you ordered, did you manage to get that one working somehow?
missing/deleted image from Google+

I just got this back from Shiji

SJ1221LEDS programs equals ws2811/ucs1903, when you do programs, can choose ws2811/ucs1903.

From what I can find. You only send data to one of the 2 center pads.

from their datasheet “compatible with ws2811./sk6812” and “same working as WS2811 /WS2812B / SK6812 when
do program in software .”
From a bad connection diagram, it looks like you send data to D2. (edited)

Tested different pins and those led definitions but remains white :frowning:

Crap. I’ll try to test my SJ1221 and see what I get. Busy though with travel and robotics competitions.

I just tested the SJ1221 strip. Mine has the 2 middle pins/pads labelled FI & DI. I have tried WS2811, WS2811_400, WS2812, WS2812B, and UCS1903. I’ve also tried sending data to FI, DI, and FI + DI Both. Strip just stays solid white. I have an email into them for some assistance. Otherwise I love the SJ1211.

Rick, I can’t get that sample ino file. I get a 404.

I found your ino file and used your FastLED branch. But it does nothing with my strip. I used…
FastLED.addLeds<SK6812, DATA_PIN2, BGR>(leds2, NUM_LEDS2);
but the strip just stays white.
FYI this is my SJ1221 strip for comparison. no “clock” pin.
missing/deleted image from Google+

Think the SJ1221 is hardcoded in such a way that it requires separate hardware, at first they told me I needed a special decoder in between the arduino but it’s a lot of broken english so not very clear.

The previous .ino was for the other strip they included, thought that was SJ1221 but turned out to be a different one which only responded to RGBW (requires FastLED RGBW mod)

They sent me a protocol spec.
I’ll attach it in the morning. It doesn’t look like the ws2811 though at first glance.

Links to SJ1221 protocol:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XCMHCxQTGvd1MwnxD3IUqAhHy2-UNNwh