Has anyone tried wetting carbon fiber mesh or another strong mesh with acetone and

Has anyone tried wetting carbon fiber mesh or another strong mesh with acetone and wrapping a thick walled print with it and working it into the plastic some? Just curious. I figure it would be an interesting way to get strong parts.

Well yes and no
You could wrap it and layup some carbon in epoxy.
But the acetone mesh method would probably not dig deep enough in the plastic to be bound on both sides.

The strength of carbon comes from fixing it in position in a epoxy layer.

Years ago someone experimented with strategically wrapping carbon strands onto printed parts as reinforcement. I have no idea how I would find that again. The parts were not covered, just narrow strands epoxied in place, aligned with expected tensile stresses.

I guess it could work to brush several layers of ABS slurry over a weave that isn’t too tight. I wouldn’t expect that to be as strong a bond as epoxy, but someone needs to try it, I guess.

I suspect acetone will soak through the part and turn the part into mush before the ABS will soak into the carbon weave. I don’t know what your plan is or how big your part is. I suspect some variation of integrating carbon mesh is doable but you would need to experiment.