Has anyone looked into the ADC issues with the ESP32?

Has anyone looked into the ADC issues with the ESP32? I am trying to run the MSGEQ7 from the esp32 but it has issues with ADC.

Has anyone worked with the ESP32 ADC’s and calibrated them?

@Tommy_Sciano , I don’t think you want to use the ADC with the MSGEQ7. I’ve used them together and tried the ADC, but then went back to just reading the input and doing any smoothing in the code. The ADC had unexpected results, probably due to the smoothing / averaging thing it does

@Jeremy_Spencer you might be right. I might have to buy an external ADC to test, do you know of any other methods like using an msgeq7 that would work for the esp32?

You don’t need an ADC, just connect the pins as you would to any other controller

i mean analogread(pin) the msgeq7 out.
How am i supposed to get data from the msgeq7 on the esp32 without analogread()?

Do you have any example code you could post?

@Tommy_Sciano I did have a sketch working, but I changed to FFT so stopped using it. I’ll try and find the MSGEQ7 sketch it must be somewhere…

@Tommy_Sciano We have analogread(), it’s analogwrite() that’s missing from the ESP32 core :wink:

does this help?
https://www.esp32.com/viewtopic.php?t=6256

I have looked through those forums, I have it getting readings it’s just not completely accurate.

@Tommy_Sciano I had to add an inline capacitor from the microphone with both the MSGEQ7 and straight FFT. What audio source are you using?

it gives readings on an esp8266 and an arduino uno fine. but the esp32 has noise.