Has anyone experimented with using a docker container for serial-port-json-server?

Has anyone experimented with using a docker container for serial-port-json-server?

No, but curious why you would want to do that? I have heard problems with serial ports not working well in virtual machines so perhaps you would see problems in a docker container.

Haven’t. But I’d be curious to hear from folks who have.

It occurred to me when I looked at the Intel Edison board sitting on my desk, and I was thinking that would make a nice board to drive my XCarve. In theory, it’s a drop-in x86 replacement for an Ardunio that also has wifi/bluetooth and is inexpensive. When I started playing around with spjs, the setup and configuration seemed a bit awkward (not at all unreasonable, just awkward for non-go devs), and it’d be nice to be able to just pour all of it into a docker container that could be kept updated across several machines much more easily than doing it by hand.

And then the next obvious thought occurred - you could distribute an docker instance of jsfiddle (including whatever web server it needs) + spjs + mods as a bundle so you could run everything completely locally if you wanted to.