Has anybody really pushed the performance limits of a delta-style 3D printer yet?

Has anybody really pushed the performance limits of a delta-style 3D printer yet?

They seem to be able to do pretty good feed rates, which is understandable since that’s always been a strength of delta bots. I’m wondering more about things like resolution. I’ve seen a few say “100 micron” layers, which is good. It’s not really great though, as 0.1mm is about where I put the bar to entry - if you can’t do 0.1mm layers, you might need to revisit your design to compete with existing machines.

I’d really like a machine that can do at least 200x200x400mm and a delta seems to be the best way forward. I don’t want to give up a lot in performance, though…

Anybody?

@Steve_Graber was showing a 50 micron print the other day.

Thanks, @Whosa_whatsis !

Very nice, @Steve_Graber !

Thanks! Cerberus is finally working great after a fairly long gestation period, and there are even more improvements on the way.

The DiamondMind isn’t a delta but it’s doing 300mmx250mmx210mm already. Deltas will come into their own when their workspaces overlap, and several printers can work on the same object simultaneously to reduce build time.

Thanks, @Vik_Olliver - I’ll check that out…