Has any thought been given to what the plans are when Google shuts down

Has any thought been given to what the plans are when Google shuts down G+ in April?

Agree, was wondering the same. My vote would be “anything but Facebook”…

I was wondering about discord.

My daughters use Discord as a gamers platform as well as Google+. I asked one about it and she said she did not think it would replace Google+ for her…

I don’t know much about it but here’s what Google provided… DISCORD - CHAT FOR GAMERS is an app designed to help gamers talk to each other in real time. While playing a game on their device, users can log into Discord and enter a group chat with one or more other gamers so they can talk while they play.

Seems more RealTime than we operate, and less about sharing content.

Should we consider a simple WordPress site? Or seek out a DIY category on some other CNC forum?

@Kyle_Kerr I was just reading more about what other Google+ teams are doing… Sounds like some folks with big Google+ communities have put together an analogous solution here: https://pluspora.com/ Maybe this is where we should move to.

It looks like mewe is another popular network. Thinking on it more I can see how discord would be a bad fit as it is more of a chat network than a bulletin board.

I started a discussion about it in the Chilipeppr group a few months back. One of the leaders of that group (John Laurier) whom I admire & respect) made some initial suggestions, but I haven’t been back to see if they made any further consensus. Initially, he mentioned Pinterest (which I use a lot and enjoy) but I never really thought of it as a social forum type of platform. He made some other suggestions, but I’m not really up on all of those types of sites. I didn’t ever really use G+ until I started getting into CNC. I would think that CNC Zone has connections to several successful groups. I used to get some of the comments from there through Tapatalk, before I became a member of CNC zone after buying a Mach 4 license.