Had anyone tried out a remote direct drive extruder such as the Flex3Drive or

Had anyone tried out a remote direct drive extruder such as the Flex3Drive or Zesty Nimble?

Here is another design to consider: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/zero-gravity-extruder-by-gudo-neotko-for-um2-and-umo-2 I’ll be testing a variation of this design on my Ultimaker and maybe scale it up to Eustathios in the future.

Ill be happy to help you out with a couple of design variants/support that would be suited to your machine, or alterations in case you have different gantry rod spacing or diameters. Flex3Drive has key differences in its design providing greater performance when compared to the competition, not to mention being the original developer and also comes with full cooling solution. Happy to field any questions, or ping me an email through the site. Also have dedicated UMO and UM2 designs.

would recommend flex3drive for being awesome and being built tough and engineered well.

the nimble is too brittle in my usage and the guys behind it are …not my kinda people and ill leave it at that.

J

Hi