Greetings Community Members. The Community owners and moderators have been approached by the people

Greetings Community Members. The Community owners and moderators have been approached by the people at http://www.massdrop.com to see if there was a way for Massdrop to work with the 3d printing G+ community to leverage ‘Group Buying Power’ to get the best deals on printer hardware and consumables.
We’ve yet to be convinced that there are palpable savings to be made, but at the same time we don’t want to write it off without doing the diligence.

With the above in mind we’d like to take a poll of what 3d printing hardware and consumables people are most keen to source from Online suppliers so we can give the massdrop folk an initial list to work from.

You can vote by +1ing the comments below. Please feel free to add your own, the focus here is on the reasonably high value items (eg Nema motors, not nuts and bolts). Some products (like nema motors) have many variations so I have linked to examples where there might be some ambiguity.

Edit- I will be brutally deleting comments that aren’t specific to the poll to keep it tidy- please don’t hold back on providing feedback though, just don’t get offended if I delete it after reading and assimilating it.

Nema 17 motors 2.4V-4V, 4-5.5Kg*cm holding Torque.

Arduino Mega 2560

T-Slot aluminium profile (20x20mm)

12V power supply (350W)

24V power supply (350W)

NEMA-17 Planetary Gearbox Stepper
(for direct drive extruders)

Trapezoidal (metric) lead screw
Like these (http://www.abssac.co.uk/p/Lead+screw+Precision/1/1/29/data/)

RAMPS 1.4

Pololu A4988 stepper driver. (Or clone)

ABS Filament (3mm or 1.75mm)

PLA Filament (3mm or 1.75mm)

You left out “reasonable priced shipping”

@Qitian_Dasheng_Sun_W that is something the massdrop people say they have covered but it’s hard to know for certain till we’ve given them a list of things to get pricing for.

Raspberry Pi.

Beagle Bone black printer Cape like bebopr or replicape

Gt2 pulleys

Gt2 belts

Thermistors & heating cartridges

Straight smooth rods. I know you said hardware like nuts and bolts is out but a dependable affordable source for rods is difficult at best to find.