Grbl1.1f on Arduino Nano - settings problem

Hi all … just had to install a new Arduino Nano usb controller on my laser machine (old one snapped) … not to bad… flashed it using the arduiono IDE (had to use and old GRBL 1.1f) as the latest on github isn’t new enough.

so

i have my machine working (of sorts)…
laser test ok, machine moves etc but…
thinks the image is in a different place to where it is on my bed, and the machine moves really slowly - not at the set cut rate.

Controller details
Board - Arduino Nano
Processor - ATmega 328P (old boot loader)

any help welcome …

I think that setting of your firmware is not correct.
Type $$ and config correctly all the options.
For more info take a look gnea wiki page.

more detail please ??

just tried the settings and re flashed using IDE with master grbl from gnea … and the version is to old so LW4 connects then disconnects

so here is my problem … the grbl foulder you download from gnea is grbl master, when you use this in the IDE LW4 doesnt like it, it says the grbl is to old and needs to be grbl 1.1e or newer. also i am using an arduino nano not and uno … please help

thanks for all the help … bit of a basics lesson 101 on my part … got so tied up that i forgot to to re do the $ values … so my only issue now is when i press home … it judders to a halt … guess its one of the values …

Grbl Settings
$$ - View Grbl settings
To view the settings, type $$ and press enter after connecting to Grbl. Grbl should respond with a list of the current system settings, as shown in the example below. All of these settings are persistent and kept in EEPROM, so if you power down, these will be loaded back up the next time you power up your Arduino.

The x of $x=val indicates a particular setting, while val is the setting value. In prior versions of Grbl, each setting had a description next to it in () parentheses, but Grbl v1.1+ no longer includes them unfortunately. This was done to free up precious flash memory to add the new features available in v1.1. However, most good GUIs will help out by attaching descriptions for you, so you know what you are looking at.

Settings and sample values Description
$0=10 Step pulse, microseconds
$1=25 Step idle delay, milliseconds
$2=0 Step port invert, mask
$3=0 Direction port invert, mask
$4=0 Step enable invert, boolean
$5=0 Limit pins invert, boolean
$6=0 Probe pin invert, boolean
$10=1 Status report, mask
$11=0.010 Junction deviation, mm
$12=0.002 Arc tolerance, mm
$13=0 Report inches, boolean
$20=0 Soft limits, boolean
$21=0 Hard limits, boolean
$22=1 Homing cycle, boolean
$23=0 Homing dir invert, mask
$24=25.000 Homing feed, mm/min
$25=500.000 Homing seek, mm/min
$26=250 Homing debounce, milliseconds
$27=1.000 Homing pull-off, mm
$30=1000. Max spindle speed, RPM
$31=0. Min spindle speed, RPM
$32=0 Laser mode, boolean
$100=250.000 X steps/mm
$101=250.000 Y steps/mm
$102=250.000 Z steps/mm
$110=500.000 X Max rate, mm/min
$111=500.000 Y Max rate, mm/min
$112=500.000 Z Max rate, mm/min
$120=10.000 X Acceleration, mm/sec^2
$121=10.000 Y Acceleration, mm/sec^2
$122=10.000 Z Acceleration, mm/sec^2
$130=200.000 X Max travel, mm
$131=200.000 Y Max travel, mm
$132=200.000 Z Max travel, mm
$x=val - Save Grbl setting
The $x=val command saves or alters a Grbl setting, which can be done manually by sending this command when connected to Grbl through a serial terminal program, but most Grbl GUIs will do this for you as a user-friendly feature.

To manually change e.g. the microseconds step pulse option to 10us you would type this, followed by an enter:

$0=10
If everything went well, Grbl will respond with an ‘ok’ and this setting is stored in EEPROM and will be retained forever or until you change them. You can check if Grbl has received and stored your setting correctly by typing $$ to view the system settings again.

For more info:
https://laserweb.yurl.ch/documentation/initial-configuration/31-grbl-1-1e

thanks all … i just need to do a little tweaking now … thanks for all the help