Got my new printer working and I finally got the printquality I always wanted

Got my new printer working and I finally got the printquality I always wanted :slight_smile: (Model is a small dronebody)

What did you do to improve your print quality? I am trying to figure that out myself right now.

How do you print extreme angles like that? I have issues with things like circles. The tops always seem to droop down a little. Using support just seems to make things worse because then the hole is full of plastic Instead.

@Alex_Skoruppa Thank you! :slight_smile:

@Mike_Sneller I did a complete printer design to get solid mechanics. Combuined with a good geared Extruder. (Aero)

@Kevin_Danger_Powers ​ A good and strong part cooling fan helps a lot :slight_smile:

@Kevin_Danger_Powers ​
Strong cooling and increased bridge speed helped me achieve better circle overhangs.

@Conscious_Engineerin I have a decent fan for cooling but if I cool too much then my layers tend not to stick together as well.

@Kevin_Danger_Powers ​
Yeah I know what you mean it’s a fine balance between effector / extruder Heat and Cooling as well as bridging speed. I recommend doing some bridging calibration. I’m sure you’ll get it just stick with it. :slight_smile:

@Conscious_Engineerin that’s not a bad idea. I bet I could find a test print just for that and mess with settings to get it right. Or I guess I could just design my own. Lol.

@Kevin_Danger_Powers Slicer is Cura 2.6 with mostly standard stettings.

@Conscious_Engineerin is there an option to increase print speed only when bridging? Because being that my printer is cheap it tops out around 45mm/s if I want a decent print. If I start getting above that the quality starts to drop.

@Kevin_Danger_Powers ​
I use Slic3r Prusa Edition and there is. Some Slicers have the option and some dont unfortunatly.