"Google+ APIs will be shut down on March 7, 2019. This includes Google+ Sign-in.

"Google+ APIs will be shut down on March 7, 2019. This includes Google+ Sign-in. Learn more.
Google+ integrations for web and mobile apps will also cease to function March 7, 2019. Learn more.

This will be a progressive shutdown, with intermittent failures starting as early as January 28, 2019."
https://developers.google.com/+/
So…yeah. It will start getting crappy on G+ a lot sooner than April.

You suck, google.

Agreed, in more ways than one.

I’m worried about Hangouts shutting down as that has messages from my son that I don’t want to lose.

@Kevin search for “google takeout” and you should find the way to archive some of your data. Sadly, it does not work nearly as well as I would hope for G+, but it might work well enough for Google Hangouts. I have not honestly tried. I think some in the community have some Google Hangouts stuff that they want to keep, so please let us know how well that works.

Thank you so much.

@Kevin AFAIK Hangouts is not shutting down, that was just FUD. Unless I missed something new! We should be migrated to Hangouts Chat which I’m actually looking forward to.
Anyway, Takeout is a good idea, just to be sure and have a backup.

Ah btw @ThantiK can you gimme a ping once the Community Download is available? We should maybe build a static archive somewhere