Good video that shows the tube arcing.

I can also throw in the old flyback Transformer that failed and had to be replaced.

@Jeff_Johnson you rock… I will mail you the adr… :slight_smile:

@Jeff_Johnson sent you the email request, yes the flyback (HVT) will be use full a “bad” one reference.

I also want to mention that the consistency of the laser beam is greatly improved. Cut edges are much smoother and light cutting (I do this to add text, decorations, etc) is much more even. Perhaps that buzz being produced by the old power supply was causing a stutter in the beam, leading to a more pronounced perforation effect, rather than a clean cut.

@Jeff_Johnson it is likely if the supply has a leak (the arc) that the power in the beam will be inconsistent.

Interested in what the voltage in your bucket is with this new one.

I wonder if the old supply is bad or the new supply type is just better. We will see what the old one does on the bench?

Thanks again…

@donkjr I’m pleased to report that my multimeter detects exactly 0 volts between the coolant and ground after installing the new power supply.

That’s very interesting. What does that tell us about the how the potential is developing in the bucket then?

@Nedman it tells me that we do not at all understand what is creating the “hot bucket”.
Problem is we changed a few things here: the supply and the type of supply…