Good day good people of the LaserWeb community! You've helped me many times before

@cprezzi That did it, you were exactly right. Everything works perfectly now. There is only the slight annoyance of the laser firing at 100% for about a second after connecting the machine in Laserweb, but other than that everything is working beautifully. I really can’t thank you enough for all the help, you save me a lot of time and potentially also some money!

I just have one more quick unrelated question: I got myself new TMC2130 stepper drivers, they’re identical and one works fine, but in whichever axis the other one is plugged in only goes in one direction (negative) while Laserweb reports it working normally. Wondered if you maybe knew why that is, it’s probably an easy fix, if not I’ll dig out the solution on my own, no worries.

The firing of the laser while connecting is caused by the arduino pulling up the pins on restart. You can prohibit this by adding a pulldown resistor of about 10kOhm between D11 and GND.

I don’t have any experience with the TMC2130 but for me that sounds like the second driver coud be defective. Did you try to swap the two drivers to check if the second driver works in the socket of the first?

@cprezzi Okay, thank you so much!

I did try it in both sockets and it does the same thing in both. I contacted the seller so I will probably get a replacement.