GETTING STARTED?..........NEED HELP? IF YOU ARE NEW TO THIS COMMUNITY, G+,

GETTING STARTED?..NEED HELP?

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THIS COMMUNITY, G+, AND/OR THE K40 …

BEFORE YOU START ASKING QUESTIONS, PLEASE READ ALL THE LINKS BELOW.

Using these HINTS enables the community to help YOU to a solution faster!

Click on the links below for more information

#K40ReadTheseFirst
#K40GettingStarted
#K40FollowingSomeone
#K40UsingHangouts
#K40Searching
#K40FormatingText
#K40PersonalMessage
#K40GettingHelp
#K40SharingInformation
#K40MediaSharing

I have a K40 and I opened up the engraving cutting area to 10" x 8", added a cohesion3D mini board, made my own X adjustable bed, and made a new control panel face. By increasing the cutting area found out the intensity of the laser varies quite a bit. Came to the forum and was directed to a paper on how to align the mirrors. It was a very helpful guide on mirror alignment While doing the mirror alignment cracked 2 of the mirrors "1 & "2. Bought the moly mirrors to replace the mirrors that came with the K40. Installed the new mirrors and continued with the alignment. I did a lot of shimming and elongation of mounting holes for the gantry. I spent a better part of a day aligning; tightening bolts, making shims, untightening bolts and making new shims. It’s not perfect but it’s better than it was. My next project is building a water chiller.

My 1 yr old K40 was working fine… until the desktop died.
NOW … I re-installed software on laptop , and XY are reversed. I THOUGHT I had good knowledge of the setup , but apparently NOT !
I re-entered the ID and the BOARD # … but COREL-LASER just will not change the XY.

Any ideas ?

Rich

do you have any charts that have power settings for different materials that i can engrave?