Franken bot update #3/4 Well I realized my last post got deleted so I

Franken bot update #3/4

Well I realized my last post got deleted so I figured I would hold out and post another update when I got some more parts designed.

So as you can see I have lots of printed parts finished including the final revision of the z motor mounts as well as some other loose odds and ends.

I also have all the parts ready to be laser cut. We finally got our laser cutter in but as I have this week off I can’t get in the shop to cut it until next Monday. But it’s all ready to go so fingers crossed!!

Would love to see what you guys think of the design. There is a backbone for the y axis and the whole bottom frame is made up of a couple printed mounts and the two laser cut panels.

Let me know what you think! All that’s left to design is the feet for the printer and the x axis bed and bed ends. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks again @Brook_Drumm ​!

Why was your last post deleted?

Don’t know. It just didn’t show up one day.

@Mark_Rehorst ​ you are definitely correct! They were made to test if they would work and the answer was no… I have redesigned them with the same mounting holes but just have not been able to pull the printer out today to print them. But you are definitely right! They are not very strong.