Forbidden Planet Space drive Lights is what I'm working on now trying to emulate

Forbidden Planet Space drive Lights
is what I’m working on now trying to emulate the Movie, here are a couple of videos of the landing sequence I’m trying to make my 1:72 scale Model do, the police lights will work from my Jupiter 2 but I need to add the blue landing sequence flashing lights and then back to red rotating around for regular flight.
If I can make it work on a switch to change the 2 modes that would be Awesome!

7a973aa3421b324f17b98071e60ed060.jpeg

7eb17b3ef984a27810c035718de23bfc.jpeg

@Anx_Xna - In the following sketch:

Make the following changes:

Before the setup add:

CRGB colorland = CRGB::Red;

In the loop change:

cd77_police_lights_one_modified_n_dots(2, 4, 60, CRGB::White) to

cd77_police_lights_one_modified_n_dots(2, 4, 60, colorland)

Use a button to change variable “colorland” to either CRGB::Red or CRGB:: LightSkyBlue (or maybe CRGB::Blue). See Marc Miller’s great reply with code in a recent post on how to use a button to change the color in a sketch:

https://plus.google.com/106865773546226056744/posts/2YC66pH5FyB

Also, see Erin St. Blaine’s amazing belly dancer fan project which includes the code to learn how to set up and use a button:

@Anx_Xna - The following new sketch allows you to change colors for the landing of the United Planets Cruiser C57D from Forbidden Planet:

The push button switch is wired between your ground and an analog pin on your MCU.

The button code is based on button code in @Erin_St_Blaine 's awesome DotStar Belly Dance Fans project at:

Please be sure to post here a nice long video of your finished United Planets Cruiser C57D from Forbidden Planet.

Okay not sure if this is going to work,
how do I add a 2nd color and speed that it can change to from red to blue and then back with in a certain amount of time automatically.

@Anx_Xna - There are many ways to interpret what you want in your new request. Do you want:

Choice A: Red on for X seconds for any speed, Blue on for X seconds for any speed, repeat
Choice B: Red on for X seconds for any speed, Blue on for Y seconds for any speed, repeat
Choice C: Red on for X seconds for any speed, Blue on for Y seconds for any speed, Red on for Z seconds for any speed, repeat
Choice D: Something different

All can be done with FastLED. Which choice do you want to use?

This would be Great.
(Choice A: Red on for X seconds for any speed, Blue on for X seconds for any speed, repeat.)

As long as I can play with the Speed and how long before the Change color and speed, that would Rock!

@Anx_Xna - Do you want to enter the wait time variable, X, in milliseconds or seconds in the sketch? Either way will allow you wait times up to many minutes if desired

That would be great so I can Control how long before the blue comes on And then back to the red

@Anx_Xna - The following sketch changes colors automatically:

https://gist.github.com/chemdoc77/5971bfe87535c868ba9884e10612aa61

Line 42 allows you to adjust the time an animation is on. It is in seconds.

In Lines 76 and 77, the third variable allows you to set the speed of the animation.

Please be sure to post a video of your great model when you are done.

I will definitely post when I’m Finished making the model.
Or as I go. Thank you everyone for your help.

line 77 is not changing speed if I go
(case 1: cd77_police_lights_one_modified_n_dots(3, 8, 20, CRGB::Blue); break; ) that shoul be going super fast right?

line 76 makes both colors go faster?

switch (landingMode) {
case 0: cd77_police_lights_one_modified_n_dots(3, 8, 60, CRGB::Red); break; // number of dots, number of segments, speed of animation and CRGB color.
case 1: cd77_police_lights_one_modified_n_dots(3, 8, 20, CRGB::Blue); break;

I just want just the Blue to go faster not the red.

@Anx_Xna - The following sketch now works properly:

I found the problem. Inside a function, I should have used EVERY_N_MILLIS_I instead of EVERY_N_MILLIS. EVERY_N_MILLIS does not work inside a function.

How much more can be added to a NANO can I add a TFT screen to show Gif’s?