For those who don't want to watch the video,

For those who don’t want to watch the video, this is my newest design for my 3D printed RC car project. It’s super fast and really cool. Please give me your thoughts and input :slight_smile:

I’ve considered doing something like this, it would just be really time consuming and I don’t have a lot of time. If I did make one, it would probably use a lot of already designed parts for things like the transmission and stuff.

@Kevin_Danger_Powers feel free to use my designs however you need. I made it open source so it’s free for you to modify.

@Engineering_Nonsense I think if I ever did take the time to work on a project like this, I would start from scratch. I’d come up with a concept design, buy all the parts that I would purchase and then build the design around those parts. It could also be fun to make a 4wd version with 2 speed controllers. :slight_smile: I bet that would be pretty big though.

@Kevin_Danger_Powers I’m working on a 4wd version now actually haha. It’s definitely a lot more challenging since I don’t want to use a belt drive.

@Engineering_Nonsense so if I didn’t use a belt, I’d probably just buy a Traxxas drive train for a slash. This way you’d get the aluminum shaft with the diffs. But by the time I bought everything, I feel like I’d only design like the frame, a-arms and shock towers. I’d end up buying the rest of the crap. Lol.

Haha that would be robust. I’m going to use an aluminium rod for the drive shaft. I want to avoid usisng Traxxas parts because I want to keep the build price rock bottom

@Engineering_Nonsense yeah if you’re going for cheap, it’s probably best to just avoid Traxxas altogether. Lol.