- AMF import & export (additional to STL)
- RGB+A for all solids
- torus() for sake of completeness
- hull(), chain_hull() - hull 2D forms together, all or linear (chain) to extrude later
- solidFromSlices() - place 2D slices, and extrude them to a solid
- vector_text() - render text as vectors, and extrude them as you like
check the “Examples” at http://OpenJSCAD.org/
PS: It’s still ALPHA code, we are slowly stabilizing the API to move to BETA sometime
Originally shared by Rene K. Mueller
Quick update: vector_text() and vector_char() added
The main idea you request the vectors / segments / polylines of a text rendered in vector font, and you decide how to extrude or handle it (so we can use it within OpenJSCAD WebGL as well); comments welcome.
rectangular_extrude() is used for “Hello World!”
circular_extrude() is used for “A” (a very crude implementation of circular_extrude using cylinders + spheres)
PS: rendering circular_extrude() is kind of slow (mostly union of cylinder and connecting spheres), perhaps with a native circular_extrude() things speed up.