For the Lulz! This is the closest to "Plug and Play" i've gotten with

For the Lulz! This is the closest to “Plug and Play” i’ve gotten with any 3D printer yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEf3KqNLPLM

@LulzBot isn’t given enough credit in this area. They really have their unboxing experience down, and their machines are built very well. When the hackerspace here in Orlando got a LulzBot AO-101, it was the most beautiful thing to unbox ever. They are certainly worth their price point.

And for those wondering - I am the one who pinned the post, not Thomas. He puts a lot of effort into these videos, and lulzbot was nice enough to send him a printer to unbox and review, so they deserve some time at the top.

Yes, they test their un boxing extensively, worth every penny.

Even the Taz 5 is super close to plug and print. I’ve built a few now but my first one room 22 minutes box to print. My last one I timed was 16 minutes including heatup for ABS.

Inspires me to include a microsd card with an auto start file…, should be under 10 minutes to first print :wink: a bit of a cheat, but that first print instill confidence. Good job, lukzbot!
Brook

@Mark_Rehorst I like the levelling system. It’s probably not as good as an inductive sensor, but it’s better than manually levelling the bed.

@James_Malenko I think what @Mark_Rehorst ​ is objecting to is using 4 points instead of 3. I agree with him. It’s silly.

hi @Thomas_Sanladerer ,
you need a large clock in the background of your new video studio.