For anyone that has the esp32 fastled webserver running,

For anyone that has the esp32 fastled webserver running, I am able to get connect to the AP mode but it is not serving up any files. For those that have been successful, what did you do to get it working?

I am getting this error when I connect to it with my device on the serial output: E (27915) event: mismatch or invalid event, id=63
E (27915) event: default event handler failed!
.dhcps: send_offer>>udp_sendto result 0

I had loads of problems with AP mode, have changed it to use asyncwebserver which fixed the problem. I’ll try and get it on GitHub soon

You need to upload all the files the webserver requieres with the espfstool

Basic code is here

Audio will not work yet as one file is missing - I just need to sort out the licensing on it. Set IncludeAudio to false

I also need to add:
the data folder - added
a readme with how to use the options and how to link to Google Assistant :wink:

Thanks to @Jason_Coon for most of the code

@Stephane_FRANCOIS Thanks, but I already have the espfs tool and libspliffs.a fix already in place. @Jeremy_Spencer Thanks, i’ll give that one a try!

@Tim_Harris Just set all the options at the top of the main tab to false and APmode to true (WiFi tab). It prints the password to the serial monitor

@Jeremy_Spencer I did that. Right now I have it broadcasting the ssid. When I put in the password I get
“E (23155) event: mismatch or invalid event, id=63
E (23155) event: default event handler failed!
dhcps: send_offer>>udp_sendto result 0”
on the serial output window. It shows that I am connected (192.168.4.2) but the connection times out trying to connect to 192.168.4.1.

I just tested it on another esp32 and got the same result.

Which version of the ESP32 core are you using? I tend to use the development branch…

I think I set it to 192.168.4.100

@Jeremy_Spencer http://192.168.4.1/all does return this “[{“name”:“power”,“label”:“Power”,“type”:“Boolean”,“value”:1},{“name”:“brightnessIndex”,“label”:“Brightness”,“type”:“Number”,“value”:5,“min”:1,“max”:15},{“name”:“speed”,“label”:“Speed”,“type”:“Number”,“value”:5,“min”:1,“max”:10},{“name”:“patternSection”,“label”:“Pattern”,“type”:“Section”},{“name”:“pattern”,“label”:“Pattern”,“type”:“Select”,“value”:0,“options”:[“Pride”,“Color Waves”,“Plasma”,“Twinkles”,“Fire”,“Water”,“rainbow”,“rainbowWithGlitter”,“confetti”,“sinelon”,“juggle”,“bpm”,“Cylon”,“Solid Color”]},{“name”:“autoplay”,“label”:“Cycle Patterns”,“type”:“Boolean”,“value”:0},{“name”:“autoplayDuration”,“label”:“Pattern Duration”,“type”:“Number”,“value”:10,“min”:10,“max”:255},{“name”:“paletteSection”,“label”:“Palette”,“type”:“Section”},{“name”:“palette”,“label”:“Palette”,“type”:“Select”,“value”:0,“options”:[“Rainbow”,“Rainbow Stripe”,“Cloud”,“Lava”,“Ocean”,“Forest”,“Party”,“Heat”,“Ice”,“Icy Blue”,“Snow”,“Red & White”,“Blue & White”,“Fairy”,“Retro C9”,“Red, Green & White”,“Holly”,“Sunset_Real”,“es_rivendell_15”,“es_ocean_breeze_036”,“rgi_15”,“retro2_16”,“Analogous_1”,“es_pinksplash_08”,“Coral_reef”,“es_ocean_breeze_068”,“es_pinksplash_07”,“es_vintage_01”,“departure”,“es_landscape_64”,“es_landscape_33”,“rainbowsherbet”,“gr65_hult”,“gr64_hult”,“GMT_drywet”,“ib_jul01”,“es_vintage_57”,“ib15”,“Fuschia_7”,“es_emerald_dragon_08”,“lava”,“fire”,“Colorfull”,“Magenta_Evening”,“Pink_Purple”,“es_autumn_19”,“BlacK_Blue_Magenta_White”,“BlacK_Magenta_Red”,“BlacK_Red_Magenta_Yellow”,“Blue_Cyan_Yellow”]},{“name”:“cyclePalettes”,“label”:“Cycle Palettes”,“type”:“Boolean”,“value”:0},{“name”:“paletteDuration”,“label”:“Palette Duration”,“type”:“Number”,“value”:10,“min”:10,“max”:255},{“name”:“solidColorSection”,“label”:“Solid Color”,“type”:“Section”},{“name”:“solidColor”,“label”:“Color”,“type”:“Color”,“value”:“0,0,255”},{“name”:“fire”,“label”:“Fire & Water”,“type”:“Section”},{“name”:“cooling”,“label”:“Cooling”,“type”:“Number”,“value”:50,“min”:0,“max”:255},{“name”:“sparking”,“label”:“Sparking”,“type”:“Number”,“value”:120,“min”:0,“max”:255},{“name”:“twinklesSection”,“label”:“Twinkles”,“type”:“Section”},{“name”:“twinkleSpeed”,“label”:“Twinkle Speed”,“type”:“Number”,“value”:4,“min”:0,“max”:8},{“name”:“twinkleDensity”,“label”:“Twinkle Density”,“type”:“Number”,“value”:5,“min”:0,“max”:8}]”

@Jeremy_Spencer I am using 1.0.1, on macos mojave, using arduino 1.8.8. I used the async webserver and TCP from me-no-dev’s repository. Here is the full serial output:
"ets Jun 8 2016 00:22:57

rst:0x1 (POWERON_RESET),boot:0x13 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
configsip: 0, SPIWP:0xee
clk_drv:0x00,q_drv:0x00,d_drv:0x00,cs0_drv:0x00,hd_drv:0x00,wp_drv:0x00
mode:DIO, clock div:1
load:0x3fff0018,len:4
load:0x3fff001c,len:1100
load:0x40078000,len:10088
load:0x40080400,len:6380
entry 0x400806a4
Listing directory: /
FILE: /favicon.ico SIZE: 4286
FILE: /css/mycss.css.gz SIZE: 91291
FILE: /images/Thumbs.db SIZE: 9728
FILE: /images/atom196.png SIZE: 5469
FILE: /images/github.ico SIZE: 6518
FILE: /js/app.js.gz SIZE: 46102
FILE: /index.htm SIZE: 8578
FILE: /fonts/glyphicons.svg SIZE: 108738
FILE: /fonts/glyphicons.ttf SIZE: 45404
FILE: /fonts/glyphicons.eot SIZE: 20127
FILE: /fonts/glyphicons.woff2 SIZE: 18028
FILE: /fonts/glyphicons.woff SIZE: 23424
First run, or EEPROM erased, skipping settings load!
ESP32 Chip ID = D84197C40A24
Starting AP Mode
Connect to Wi-Fi access point: ESP3297c4a24
Password: 97c4a248
IP address: 192.168.4.1

MDNS responder set up
Main code running on core 1
Starting HTTP server
HTTP server started
Ready
E (19899) event: mismatch or invalid event, id=63
E (19900) event: default event handler failed!
dhcps: send_offer>>udp_sendto result 0
"

Tried 192.168.4.1 and that doesn’t work as well. Only 4.1 and 4.2 are showing up as alive on Angry Ip

@Tim_Harris Very strange, I’m pretty sure that it’s either the ESP core or ESPAsyncTCP as it’s working here (and both have been changed recently). I’ll try core 1.01 and the latest ESPAsyncTCP and see what happens. How did you install ESPAsyncTCP?

@Tim_Harris One of the many changes in the ESP32 core has broken it :frowning: I’m using a version downloaded on 17/12/2018 which works fine if I update the core it stops working. I’ll try and trace the error and get the ESP devs to fix it. I’ll also try and find a workaround…

@Tim_Harris It’s a DNS problem, comment out line 136 in WiFi.h
// dnsServer.setErrorReplyCode(DNSReplyCode::NoError);

What kind of device are you logging on with? I’m using Android 8.1.0

It’s working well from Android, but really slow and unreliable from Chrome on a Windows 8.1 PC (in AP mode)

Had a quick look round the ESP boards, seems that the error is linked to a Mesh update on 26th December, I expect it will be fixed soon.

@Jeremy_Spencer Thanks for the sleuthing. I will give your suggestions a try today. I was using an iphone and a mac with chrome to try to connect to it.

Commented out that line and got no joy. "
MDNS responder set up
Main code running on core 1
Starting HTTP server
HTTP server started
Ready
E (4487) event: mismatch or invalid event, id=63
E (4487) event: default event handler failed!
E (13874) event: mismatch or invalid event, id=63
E (13874) event: default event handler failed!
dhcps: send_offer>>udp_sendto result 0
"

I am going to try setting up a new environment under windows and see if I can pull the core from the date you mentioned.

@Tim_Harris Try turning off mobile data on your phone, I suspect this will make the site load.

Don’t worry this is only a temporary fix, I’m sure that it will work properly again soon

@Jeremy_Spencer I hope so. The connection never gets through on my mac or my iphone even with all your suggestions. Oh well. Thanks for the support along the way!